graphics card help

This is a discussion on graphics card help within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; My computer is compaq presario sr1930nx. I need to find a compatible graphics card. I don't know if it's anything ...
Page: 1

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

My computer is compaq presario sr1930nx. I need to find a compatible graphics card. I don't know if it's anything like ram where you need to find one thats compatible with your computer or you can buy any that you want? So, I'm looking for a better Graphics card ~$100. I'm 16 and can't afford/want to buy something too high.

well first you need to find out does your motherboard have PCI-Express or AGP Interface

then choose a suitable graphic card for your interface

here you can see best cards for the money

evilwevel

abit of googlin' told me you have a PCI express slot. i'm not sure what the best card will be for you. that's up to you to decide.

i bought the Geforce 8600 GT a while ago, it was about 90 euro so i guess it's probably around $100.

but like i said, it's all up to you wich card you choose. there are so many diffrent brands and types nobody can decide in your place. just go look on the website of your computer store and check the details of some cards

thanks guys

with pci express you can get the best on the market btw..

evilwevel

yeah, along with nvidea's sli technique you could go for triple geforce 8800's :P

90 fps while playing COD4 on 16X

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDeta...?oid=195154#top

is this any good? i saw the reviews but you never know whos actually rating them..

evilwevel

it will work for Ko and other low graphic games, but don't expect it to run Cs:s or something like that in high detail.

it will bring my fps up right? im running at like 20 fps in ko usually with like 3 parties of people around. when i run through moradon i get like 7-10 fps

evilwevel

it's an 8 series card so that means it's a new one, so as long as your computer has some ram (about a gig) you can be sure your fps will rise.

good 1.5 gig ram

evilwevel

then you shouldn't have any problems playing KO (atleast none that are caused by your pc that is :lol: )