Graphics Mess-up then Shutdown

This is a discussion on Graphics Mess-up then Shutdown within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ok, here's the problem: I can run KO normally for a little, but after some time (can range from 5 ...
Page: 1

EpsaNomaly

Ok, here's the problem:

I can run KO normally for a little, but after some time (can range from 5 minutes to 2 days), some/all of the following will begin to happen:
    • People turn into white blocky figures
    • Skill animation (heals, etc.) turn into white blocky sparkle things
    • Large squares in the map turn into plain white
    • PM interface dissappears (i can only see text, not the box)
    • TP gate interface dissappears (i can only see text, not the box)
    • KO shuts down randomly after the previous problems
    • Computer reboots after the previous problems
    I know that I have all drivers installed correctly, etc., but not sure what exactly is the problem.

If anyone can help me find a solution, greatly appreciated and endebted to you. Thanks!!

Matador

baba wat graphics card u using? sounds like ur graphic card is suxzors or might be getting to hot

Speed

sound like computer is overheating , download some program to check the temperature .. also u could do the research to find whats the normal temperature for your processor... or it could be only your graphics card that is overheating...

if the cpu overheat it'll rest pc, must be VGA , check ur vga if it's overheating or no

EpsaNomaly

its a good graphics card, i guess it must be overheating then.

i'll google something like u said speed, ty

McGuff1

I had problems with screen freezing and computer hanging up and havening to reboot. Opened PC case cover and installed a couple of cooling fans fixed it. Or if you can't install case cooling fans, setup up a regular fan to blow on the computer. Try it.

Oatmeal

If your using a laptop, try getting a cooling pad.

If your using a desktop, try getting a cpu fan, and a better box fan. Theyre only like 10$ each.

If that doesnt help, you can get a nice cooling system for 100$, and it will never get hot.

I also know of a few progs u can use to find the temp..

Tell me the make of your pc.

MillionVoices

What Video card are you using?

try downloading a new driver for it.

nah might be your graphic setings... i know that some settings on mine make the whole screen go flashing white on ko... and also theyres a problem with vista and raideon graphics cards.. might be that?

EpsaNomaly

nah might be your graphic setings... i know that some settings on mine make the whole screen go flashing white on ko... and also theyres a problem with vista and raideon graphics cards.. might be that?[/b]
    i have XP Media edition, but i do have an ATI Raideon graphics card...why would that be it?

also dunno if this is normal temperatures for stuff, but my processor gets up to 120 degrees F (not C) apparently

EpsaNomaly

ok new fan being mailed from dell free from warranty ^___^

they're easy to install i assume, or am hoping lol