im back again

This is a discussion on im back again within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; so after all the bullshit i took off my wireless router and connected my ps3 directly to modem.. it played ...
Page: 1

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

so after all the bullshit i took off my wireless router and connected my ps3 directly to modem.. it played fine for a bit but now im getting dns error

so here are facts

i have no router
    it is direct connection from ps3 to modem
    dns error.... my computer is connected to same modem so i know for a fact that i have internet...

any ideas?

ILoveYouToo

make sure your ps3 has the correct username and password for your router. Make sure you have the maximum number of dhcp users set to the number of computers/systems you want to be able to connect to your router at a time. It can be a lot higher but if its lower you'll only be allowed that many connections. I'm not sure what isp you have but this is for cable.

Disable UDP in your ps3 settings

reset ur old router? or maybe factory reset and just set it up all over again

evilwevel

have you turned off the router's SSID broadcast ?

there could be so many things wrong with the router, the PS3. especially since the laptop can connect to the router.

make sure your ps3 has the correct username and password for your router. Make sure you have the maximum number of dhcp users set to the number of computers/systems you want to be able to connect to your router at a time. It can be a lot higher but if its lower you'll only be allowed that many connections. I'm not sure what isp you have but this is for cable.[/b]

the ps3 scans and just cant pick it up the ssids. it says "access point could not be found.". ill check the dchp thingi.

i have roadrunner

have you turned off the router's SSID broadcast ?
    [/b]
    i have no idea since the router only has one button that is never ppress

reset ur old router? or maybe factory reset and just set it up all over again[/b]
    i have reset the router about 6 times

evilwevel

you can always check your router's "advanced" settings through the web interface. just type in 192.168.1.1 in your web browser and search google for the default linksys id and passwd combination (admin/admin most of the time).

you can check if the router sends out its SSID, which is important if you want to auto connect to a router.

you can always check your router's "advanced" settings through the web interface. just type in 192.168.1.1 in your web browser and search google for the default linksys id and passwd combination (admin/admin most of the time).

you can check if the router sends out its SSID, which is important if you want to auto connect to a router.[/b]

yup just checked that to make sure the ssid was broadcasting

everything check ok i even tried manually inputing the ps3 mac id

but nothing worked.

i reset router again

my laptop picked it up again fine like nothing but the ps3 cant even detect it

Shimmy

yup just checked that to make sure the ssid was broadcasting

everything check ok i even tried manually inputing the ps3 mac id

but nothing worked.

i reset router again

my laptop picked it up again fine like nothing but the ps3 cant even detect it[/b]
    Are you definitly sure, your router is operating on a Band that your PS3 can pick up?
    Try changing Channel Numbers on the router, as there may be routers in the area working on the same channel as yours currently is, and interfering with the connection.

Are you definitly sure, your router is operating on a Band that your PS3 can pick up?
    Try changing Channel Numbers on the router, as there may be routers in the area working on the same channel as yours currently is, and interfering with the connection.[/b]

ill try that

seems hard to believe though cuz i shit u not... in my area i think im the only one with internet.. lol

oke so i borrowed my firends ps3 and his cant pick it up either so now i know my routers is fucked thanks for help.

tried wiring to router but the router just blocked ps3 from internet... this shit is weird

new fucking problem!

so after all the bullshit i took off my wireless router and connected my ps3 directly to modem.. it played fine for a bit but now im getting dns error

so here are facts

i have no router
    it is direct connection from ps3 to modem
    dns error.... my computer is connected to same modem so i know for a fact that i have internet...

any ideas?

here is tracert to psn in the us..

i see high ass numbers wtf??

after 20 it just all timed out sooo yea wats all this mean?