Has the game coding become worse - CPU's running hotter

This is a discussion on Has the game coding become worse - CPU's running hotter within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; As title, I don't know what it is but normally my temps in KO were like 130F before, now there ...
Page: 1

As title, I don't know what it is but normally my temps in KO were like 130F before, now there going near 160-170 which is fucking worrying me

Not sure if it's affecting anyone else who does CPU monitioring

evilwevel

might also be due to dust build-up or more programs running in the background.

have you checked the cooling fins of the cpu cooler ? i'm always surprised when i clean my case that there is so much dust between those fins.

Actually, yes. It could be coded better. My CPU is also maxed out when I play. Poor laptop.

might also be due to dust build-up or more programs running in the background.

have you checked the cooling fins of the cpu cooler ? i'm always surprised when i clean my case that there is so much dust between those fins.[/b]
    Normally this wouldn't surprise me, but the temps incrase in a difference of 30-40 fahrenheit. Which leads me to believe in bad coding of the game, I know the game isn't coded well anyway but seems daft to me that running a simple game should overheat the cpus so much

Where the time goes fast, but everything is slow

used to run in 100+ fps (2 months ago or so)
    now i barely gets 60 ........ i think that smt wrong also

neji

if you guys clean up your laptop/dekstop remove dust
    you clean up on all the software junk you have installed in your pc and remove stuff that is useless ... thats all you can do...

evilwevel

i did notice that i couldn't run KO on my dekstop without problems when i last tried the game. i would get disconnected every 3 mins, and my fps would be extremely low for the hardware i have.

all ran fine on my 2.5 year old budget laptop. even the fps was more stable (wasn't very good, but at least it didn't go from a high number to 5 when i entered moradon).

game needs to be thrown in the garbage bin :lol:

My FPs used to be around 100 in moradon (I think) now I'm lucky to get 20

I'm positive coding has got worse. I'll run a PC clean up just incase, I do have a lot of shit but doubt it's this

evilwevel

well, if the code wasn't written in an object-oriented way it could get worse with every new expansion :lol:

As my fears predicted I haven't been religous with my PC maintenance in a LONGGGGGGGGGG time

Opened the cover, blew compressed air on CPU fan and nearly fucking choked on all the dust that came out, also discovered I had a couple of fans disconnected

I've relocated PC and given it a thorough blow job and intake temps have dropped by 20c, now I'm a lot calmer at seeing CPU's around 60 and not 80c