HDMI/DVI

This is a discussion on HDMI/DVI within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I have a new HD monitor which has both DVI and HDMI input. I also ordered a new computer and ...
Page: 1

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

Default HDMI/DVI

I have a new HD monitor which has both DVI and HDMI input. I also ordered a new computer and the graphics card also has both DVI and HDMI input. The cable that i have is DVI on one side and HDMI on the other side. Im debating on which side of the cable (DVI or HDMI) should get plugged into which part (Monitor or graphics card). Or will it have the same results?

CABLE: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-HDMI-DVI-D-Cable-Cord/dp/B000653J1G"]Amazon.com: Belkin HDMI to DVI-D Cable 8ft Cord: Electronics[/ame]

I have the same thing but i have both plugged in and you just change your monitor display settings to HD cus its way better.

O and they get plugged into the monitor both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by greatone View Post
    I have the same thing but i have both plugged in and you just change your monitor display settings to HD cus its way better.
    lul what?

Unless you're using a 120mhz screen for 3D. You do not need 2 cables into 1 monitor ever.
    1 cable will reach it's max potential if you have a 60mhz screen (pretty much everyone except when you actually looking for more. ie: 3D)

DVI and HDMI both send out the exact same signal. They are simply identical. HDMI is becoming the standard over the DVI because of it's easy-ness and size. But yea... There is no difference between them.

Google

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/ft-Mini-HDMI-Cable/dp/B002ZDJA88/ref=sr_1_5?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&s=electroni cs&ie=UTF8&qid=1292564972&sr=1-5&rps=1]Amazon.com: 6 ft. Mini HDMI to HDMI Cable: Electronics[/ame]

thats what im using on my 3 diff pcs to tvs all work fine

Quote Originally Posted by KingNick View Post
    lul what?

Unless you're using a 120mhz screen for 3D. You do not need 2 cables into 1 monitor ever.
    1 cable will reach it's max potential if you have a 60mhz screen (pretty much everyone except when you actually looking for more. ie: 3D)

DVI and HDMI both send out the exact same signal. They are simply identical. HDMI is becoming the standard over the DVI because of it's easy-ness and size. But yea... There is no difference between them.
    So it wont matter which side of the cable goes into the monitor/computer?

Quote Originally Posted by AsSaiLaNT9082 View Post
    So it wont matter which side of the cable goes into the monitor/computer?
    Not at all. It really depends on your graphics card I guess...

But these days both the card and monitor have HDMI and DVI. So yea. Choose whichever you prefer best .

I do like DVI on my monitor tho.. The screws really helps letting it stay on there whne trying to move around.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNick View Post
    Not at all. It really depends on your graphics card I guess...

But these days both the card and monitor have HDMI and DVI. So yea. Choose whichever you prefer best .

I do like DVI on my monitor tho.. The screws really helps letting it stay on there whne trying to move around.
    Good point thanks a lot.