"reflow" a motherboard

This is a discussion on "reflow" a motherboard within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Anyone had any experience with this? I got a Dell D630 and after doing some web research it looks like ...
Page: 1

Default "reflow" a motherboard

Anyone had any experience with this?

I got a Dell D630 and after doing some web research it looks like the GPU solder has some microfractures causing the monitor to show a f'd up picture.

Any tips from someone in the know would be very helpful.

Laptop fixed. Close please.

In case anyone is interested, this is basicly what I did:

I took the motherboard out of the pc.
    Removed everything that I could (even the black stickers)
    Heated up the oven to 390F
    Baked the motherboard for 10 minutes on a cookie sheet while the motherboard was suspended on wadded up balls of aluminum foil.
    Turned off the oven and opened the oven door
    Let everything cool for 30 minutes
    Put everything back on the motherboard that I took off
    Reinstall the motherboard in the pc
    Be sure to use top of the line thermal pads/paste

My pc was running at about 75C web surfing and over 100c while under load (playing KO)
    Now it's running at 60C during idle and 90C while playing KO (this is the GPU, not the CPU- CPU is about 10C cooler than the GPU at all times)

The Nvidia integrated GPU is the problem with this model. Looks like Nvidia gave several laptop manufacturer's wrong thermal operating temps for the GPU which led to the use of a lower temp flux by HP, Dell, etc... causing microfractures in the connections.

UPDATE. The reflow lasted less than 3 months. I knew it was temporary from everything I read on the net, but did it anyway. I ended up having to find a place that would reball the GPU to the motherboard. Cost me about $60

If you are in the DFW area, send me a PM and I will give you the name and number for the company I used. They do repair on game consoles, laptops, and lots of other electronic equipment.

The symptom of my laptop was called "black screen" looks like the computer is powering up just fine with all the lights and stuff working, but the screen is blank.

Picking it up tomorrow