How to save cpu laptop in merchant mode

This is a discussion on How to save cpu laptop in merchant mode within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hello guys i wana now if there is any way to save cpu during merchant because my leptop is so ...
Page: 1

Default How to save cpu laptop in merchant mode

Hello guys i wana now if there is any way to save cpu during merchant because my leptop is so hot.

in my asus laptop there's program called power4gear, i can set there maximum processor speed.
    maybe it will work with yours too

Banned

BES, Battle Encoder Shirase 1.4.5 / 1.5.2: Controls Per-Process CPU Usage

BES is a small tool that throttles the CPU usage for the process you “target”: for instance, you can limit the CPU usage of a process which would use CPU 100%, down to 50% (or any percentage you’d like). With this, you can use other programs comfortably while doing something CPU-intensive in the background.

Put knight online on Window mode on settings.
    Now you need to press on the Window frame of knight online and hold it, you will notice that the game screen Freezes, Do not release your finger and disable the Touch-pad so it will keep holding the Window frame and keep it freezing the game. The CPU usage will go down to normal. (same as when the game is not running)
    Note: You can buy and Sell items when your freezing the game i tested it!
    -----------
    Found a easier way, just rightclick in the frame and same thing happens
    Once again, thanks! finally I don't have to hear my crazy laptop cooler

you can thank to Absolut22 from EUKO oficial forum, also MoeLester added rightclick in the frame comment

Thx you guys i apreciate,i hope will work because my cpu its on 95-100 and is to hot

Quote Originally Posted by UbiQuitousCZ View Post
    Now you need to press on the Window frame of knight online and hold it, you will notice that the game screen Freezes, Do not release your finger and disable the Touch-pad so it will keep holding the Window frame and keep it freezing the game. The CPU usage will go down to normal. (same as when the game is not running)
    -----------

you can thank to Absolut22 from EUKO oficial forum, also MoeLester added rightclick in the frame comment
    I did what you say and its some problem,i freeze knight online window but when i wana get back its some lag,like slowmotion for like 10 minutes then its back to normal,its just on me or..

Quote Originally Posted by licurg View Post
    I did what you say and its some problem,i freeze knight online window but when i wana get back its some lag,like slowmotion for like 10 minutes then its back to normal,its just on me or..
    Maybe whatever u did in the background overheated you GPU.

this hint from EUKO forum had only positive replies and it worked for players without problems, so i think its just you...
    you can check this topic btw: EUKO forum - How to save CPU at merchant

this hint from EUKO forum had only positive replies and it worked for players without problems, so i think its just you...
    you can check this topic btw: EUKO forum - How to save CPU at merchant
    Yea i check , i think its only me but i dont understand why i get somekind of slowmotion when i get back to game.
    Thx for your help

did you try different actions with your laptop? different games? movies, music? still problematic?
    if you know how to do, try reinstall your Windows and then install latest drivers
    also there can be problem with your graphic card and integrated graphic card, as i noticed KO is primary launching integrated graphic card, so try disable it and run always with normal graphic card

I think its grafic card because on my other pc i tried and i have no problem ,this one its old

-----------

ty m8, since i have HP laptop overheating is an issue even with merching not to talk about exp etc

MadMan Senior Member SacredHealDane's Avatar

Hello guys i wana now if there is any way to save cpu during merchant because my leptop is so hot.
    Buy a notebook cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by buzer View Post
    in my asus laptop there's program called power4gear, i can set there maximum processor speed.
    maybe it will work with yours too
    Hmmm thats a simullar word to over clock? or wth is that , never seen that software which can boost ur cpu exept OC.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SacredHealDane View Post
    Buy a notebook cooler.

Hmmm thats a simullar word to over clock? or wth is that , never seen that software which can boost ur cpu exept OC.
    He actually meant underclocking in this case I believe, because limited your CPU speed would mean underclocking.

MadMan Senior Member SacredHealDane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coolboyp2 View Post
    He actually meant underclocking in this case I believe, because limited your CPU speed would mean underclocking.
    True story but still this things have been meant to do on the BIOS and not on softwares :/ , idk never realy got into those programs yet hope they are usefull.

Anyways the best way is just to buy a notebook cooler , im using one right now cause since im using a AMD proccesor its getting more hotter then intel onces and even with the cooler my Temp is 60 so its pretty fucked up tho :P
    and i advice u not to buy a notecooler which is quite cause i bought one and its not even coolling so i replaced to a loud one(like a fan on a desktop comp) and its like 5-10Degreases less.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    05-31-2012, 08:38 AM