help :(

This is a discussion on help :( within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hi...sorry if this is kind of wrongly placed. I just want to be able to get into ko on my ...
Page: 1

Aba

Thumbs up

Hi...sorry if this is kind of wrongly placed. I just want to be able to get into ko on my computer and I can't because of my TV, and off topic or tech support will get less views than general. For my sake, please don't move my topic. If you want, please just delete the post count I gain from the topic, or just move it or delete it when/if the problem gets solved or I give up. If not though, and it's moved - I understand.

To start off. I play KO on my other computer. I'm on one of my laptops making this topic.
    When I play ko on my other computer, as a monitor I use a big screen HDTV. I'll just refer to that as my tv.

The TV's standby light is on, and blue, indicating that it is plugged in and powered on, displaying whatever it is supposed to, when the light is red, it means it is plugged in, but not in ON mode. When there is no light, this means the TV is not plugged in at all.

Sometimes, when I come home from school after merchanting all day, I find that the light is blue, just like I left it, except for that there is no picture or sound. Nothing. Also- when this happens, I can't even turn the TV off. I have to unplug it. Usually, under these circumstances, I just unplug it, plug it back in, and after 1 or 2 times max, the picture comes on like always and I can use it.

Today, the case is different...

Same problem as usual. The light is glowing blue, no picture, no sound, no control. Can't change inputs, enter the menu, no response from the TV what so ever. I was home at 1 PM today and found this problem, and of course, started working on it immediately. I wanted to play KO :P

I still have yet to be successful...I unplug it, replug it in- turn it on. Nothing. Just a high pitched noise that starts after about 5 seconds of the light becoming blue when I press the ON switch after plugging it in. I've heard this noise before, never thought much of it. Now it's kind of worrying me.

I've been unplugging and replugging it in since 1 PM...it's 8 PM now

I've tried letting it sit unplugged for as long as an hour, trying again, to no avail.

I've tried checking the cords in the back of course...everything right where it is supposed to be.

I know this is a problem I should consult with the TV's maker about. Or call about my warranty and have them fix or replace it. But I can't find the documents right now and figured maybe someone could help me if they've had a similar problem in the past or know something about this...

Thanks to anyone who provides any insight...

That sux =/ maybe TV burned out? if cant fix it call up those tv ppl quick times need your gay ass back rice uses mh hax on ur char

Aba

xD rice uses dual minor dont say my tv burned out

Fukin jus unplug every plug and plug em all back in turn off all the power of your whole house n switch it back on :S ?

Th3Gam3

or ur tv burned out

razzy

Fukin jus unplug every plug and plug em all back in turn off all the power of your whole house n switch it back on :S ?[/b]
    rofl, its sounds soo crazy it might just work.

:lol:

happened to my last monitor it would do this also and it burned out xD so i think ur shit is burned out lol (luckly i had an extra screen dunno why xD)

Infinitemadness

Well even working for a cable company, Ive seen this before. In my experiences, I'd really think that either your picture tube is gone, or there is something seriously wrong with the circuit board. I would check with the manufacturer (if the tv is newer) to see if this is a known defect with that brand of TV. Btw, what brand/model/size/hd compatible? Is it? But you obviously dont need us to tell you there is something definitely wrong with it....Anyhow, not really helpful, but good luck.

I mainly deal with the connections between cable coax/dvd/vcr/surround sound system/audio reciever hookups. And cable internet hookup, and dealing with the cable plant itself. So if you have a question about if you have a problem with your cable tv service or why a picture is fuzzy or etc... Let me know

Aba

fuck. I am so glad I paid the extra $200 for the warranty.

I woulda rather bought a rol+2 instead of warranty =/

Th3Gam3

I woulda rather bought a rol+2 instead of warranty =/[/b]
    LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

got moved lolz