Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

help comp wizards!

This is a discussion on help comp wizards! within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; yeah, because you need more ram... i used to have it 512 ram. whenever a group of opp. nation came ...
Page: 2

b1rdy

yeah, because you need more ram... i used to have it 512 ram. whenever a group of opp. nation came i lagged like shit and then next thing u know i was dead. but after it just flows[/b]
    Yea...that's what happens to me...when alot of ppl are around i lag, and then apear dead, and get

blamed for not healing(i'm priest) :unsure:

evilwevel

be carefull, KO really hates working with good computers.

it disconnects me every 5 minutes on my desktop, fails to show the graphics from time to time (white blocks instead of texture) and overall lags even when i'm not in some crowded place. when i play KO on my crap laptop that's 1 year old, has absolutely no graphic card and is connected to my neighbors wireless internet it's fine.

but as for your computer, i would just buy some more ram, just a 512 mb stick would be fine to play KO.

perhaps a cheap gfx card, nothing to special (geforce 5200, or something in that range, 8 or 9 series are way to good if you're only playing KO)

Go for the graphics card option first

As for with shitty PC's mine is still a good spec and doesn't have any problems

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

Yea...that's what happens to me...when alot of ppl are around i lag, and then apear dead, and get

blamed for not healing(i'm priest) :unsure:[/b]
    lol... when i had bad ram i just town buffed and said what is heal?

Go for the graphics card option first

As for with shitty PC's mine is still a good spec and doesn't have any problems[/b]
    no. get ram first.

no. get ram first.[/b]
    the guy says he has no laggs, so why buy ram's if he doesnt need to
    buying a gfx card means better graphics on his system, and he gains 64mb ram memory because he got an onboard one.
    The ram modules will stay optional in this case,but if he's gonna buy he needs ddr1 modules, and they are not to be found everywhere
    and hella lot expensive than ddr2's...

b1rdy

lol... when i had bad ram i just town buffed and said what is heal?[/b]
    hmmm good idea xD rofl. h34r:

no. get ram first.[/b]
    OK. I'm not expert with the technical shit, so someone feel free to correct me. The reason I'm saying get a better graphics card is this.

Why go for RAM first, all RAM is used for is to load data to memory and access it from memory to speed up the computer when it's needed.

When your using onboard graphics it's going to mean the computer has only a SMALL chunk of memory allocated to a game which is a graphics intensive. Onboard memory means the computer only has 64mb of RAM for it's graphics, after that the next batch of data will go into normal RAM and allocated to the onboard memory when required. This would cause a hell of a performance decrease in KO as the memory is doing a shitload of read / write requests.

With a dedicated graphics card, the computer gets an extra 64mb MB for system resources. Has a graphics card DEDICATED only to redrawing pictures on the screen and not being used for anything else. Which would free up computer resources.

Therefore get a graphics card. This still poses the unanswered question in my first statement. Nobody has actually checked what the end-user is expecting. Everyone is just assuming (most likely) to do with KO. They could be asking a question for suggestions

Anyway.....rant mode off

evilwevel

i don't think it's about what to buy first, he's asking if he should buy a new system, or upgrade some things (at the same time probably, he has the money to buy a full system aswell).

so to answer the question we need to know if he's going to use the computer for playing some newer games or if he's planning on playing KO and nothing else.

i don't think it's about what to buy first, he's asking if he should buy a new system, or upgrade some things (at the same time probably, he has the money to buy a full system aswell).

so to answer the question we need to know if he's going to use the computer for playing some newer games or if he's planning on playing KO and nothing else.[/b]
    how the hell did you get those questions being asked from that screenshot :lol:

but yeah, i already asked that with no reply yet.

evilwevel

how the hell did you get those questions being asked from that screenshot :lol:

but yeah, i already asked that with no reply yet.[/b]
    i read the words under the screenshot aswell :P

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

OK. I'm not expert with the technical shit, so someone feel free to correct me. The reason I'm saying get a better graphics card is this.

Why go for RAM first, all RAM is used for is to load data to memory and access it from memory to speed up the computer when it's needed.

When your using onboard graphics it's going to mean the computer has only a SMALL chunk of memory allocated to a game which is a graphics intensive. Onboard memory means the computer only has 64mb of RAM for it's graphics, after that the next batch of data will go into normal RAM and allocated to the onboard memory when required. This would cause a hell of a performance decrease in KO as the memory is doing a shitload of read / write requests.

With a dedicated graphics card, the computer gets an extra 64mb MB for system resources. Has a graphics card DEDICATED only to redrawing pictures on the screen and not being used for anything else. Which would free up computer resources.

Therefore get a graphics card. This still poses the unanswered question in my first statement. Nobody has actually checked what the end-user is expecting. Everyone is just assuming (most likely) to do with KO. They could be asking a question for suggestions

Anyway.....rant mode off [/b]
    IMO both are just as important. If you have a good graphic card and low amount of RAM you'll still get laggy at some point because the memory has to overwrite the old data.
    Let's just take an example here. Loading from zones to zones.
    Maybe some of you have noticed how your fps gets lower and the game becomes more "laggy" if you're online for a long time and after you've relogged it works just fine. It's because your memory is becoming full. When you load from zone to zone it should overwrite the old data but the coders of KO made a mistake here and it's not working as it should be.
    BUT you shouldn't think that you're gonna need shitloads more RAM to get your FPS higher and the game go more smoothly. If you have low fps when you log in for the first time more RAM probably won't help you unless you have like 256mb of it. Let's just say that 1GB is more than enough but after 2GB you won't see any difference.
    You should invest your money on a decent graphic card and a decent amount of RAM.

I'm not a computer "nerd" but those are the things I've noticed during my KO career :P

i read the words under the screenshot aswell :P[/b]
    yeah but it doesn't say how much the pc is used

but yeah memory and graphics best bet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12