Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Help Fix My Computer

This is a discussion on Help Fix My Computer within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; also, when buying new ram buy the fastest, nowadays you have 667 and 800 mhz sticks and if your motherboard ...
Page: 2

also, when buying new ram buy the fastest, nowadays you have 667 and 800 mhz sticks and if your motherboard supports both of them, go for the 800mhz ones.

and don't bother to buy DDR3 ram, it's way to expensive. just go for DDR2[/b]
    Do you even know what the hell your talking about? A P4 Board Woulden't be using DDR2 Ram zzzzz

Edit:

I would get these sticks of ram for your computer, it's 130$ But it's the best CAS Out of them all for the price especially :
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820227210

Get 2000 RAM. around 100£ And Geforce 8600 GTS around 120£, Buy another HDD 120-200GB and you will do fine.
    Make sure you have a spare cable in ur pc for Geforce 8600 GTS because it needs extra electricity

Dont forgett to install all the drivers that comes with the Graphic card.

evilwevel

Do you even know what the hell your talking about? A P4 Board Woulden't be using DDR2 Ram zzzzz[/b]
    hmm, do you know ?

whats a P4 board ? a carboard where you like pin pentium 4 processors on ?

and if you're talking about a motherboard, there is no such thing as a P4 motherboard, when talking about motherboards you talk about the socket they have like "775".

and why shouldn't a motherboard that has a 775 socket and a pentium 4 processor be able to use DDR2 ram ? please answer me because i'm curious what weird explanation you will give.

MyBitch

Seriusly ppl, i got it all sorted already... since im poor and using the money i need to pay my bills whit i have to start somewhere..

I started out whit my Hard Drive > HD SATA2 250 GB MAXTOR DM21 8MB 7200RPM < cost me just under 100$, so im happy about that and it should be delivered to my tomorrow..

When i can erford to get more Hardware i will get some RAM and since im poor i will start out whit buying 1gb ram and then next time 1 more gb ram... I think i pretimuch got nailed down whitch once i want..

Now someone mentioned that i need a new grafikcarf "Geforce 8600 GTS "... i dont see why i need it, actualy the one i have now is running everything fine sometimes even better then th new and fancy once... Its a old card but aslong as it works ima keep it.. reason might be money also lol

Funny thing is when i read all ur posts. all u say is get ram first get ram first... if u read all of it u would have seen that right now the HDD im using is a 40gb sux ass card from world war 2.. so actualy its the main caurs to my computers slownes. ofc i need ram!! 1gb ram was standart 2 years ago...

but yea i got everything sorted now so
    /close

evilwevel

40 gig is more then enough for windows and KO, its when you want other things to that it starts beeing slow.

also when you have the new HDD keep the old one as a windows drive, format it and install windows on it and leave it like that. this increases overall performance of your system.

40 gig is more then enough for windows and KO, its when you want other things to that it starts beeing slow.

also when you have the new HDD keep the old one as a windows drive, format it and install windows on it and leave it like that. this increases overall performance of your system.[/b]
    Eh, I was going to post back but this guy seems to just want to do what he thinks is right, I love the fact he thinks the harddrive here was the problem :lol: :lol: :lol:

evilwevel

it&#39;s his money

i would&#39;ve gone for the HDD to, but thats because i have so much files and i download so much movies i couldn&#39;t even imagine living with only 40 GB, but for gaming it&#39;s enough.

it&#39;s his money

i would&#39;ve gone for the HDD to, but thats because i have so much files and i download so much movies i couldn&#39;t even imagine living with only 40 GB, but for gaming it&#39;s enough.[/b]
    But he don&#39;t understand it won&#39;t increase his speed any, Personally I coulden&#39;t live without 2 TB harddrive, but before that I would put my speed of the computer

MyBitch

But he don&#39;t understand it won&#39;t increase his speed any, Personally I coulden&#39;t live without 2 TB harddrive, but before that I would put my speed of the computer [/b]

im not sure what u mean

it seems after getting this new HDD stuff like logging in to ko went from 4:50+ min to 1:30 min maximum..

everything els is running smothly now also.. i can even tab out of ko whitout waiting 2 mins on the program/browser to pup up.

when ppl post like you 2 do then i understand how much u realy read what ppl say before asuming u know everything.

Next up is rams ofc.. i got the advise i needed whitin the first 5 post..

im not sure what u mean

it seems after getting this new HDD stuff like logging in to ko went from 4:50+ min to 1:30 min maximum..

everything els is running smothly now also.. i can even tab out of ko whitout waiting 2 mins on the program/browser to pup up.

when ppl post like you 2 do then i understand how much u realy read what ppl say before asuming u know everything.

Next up is rams ofc.. i got the advise i needed whitin the first 5 post..[/b]
    lol, Gotta love this noob - It always run faster cuz it&#39;s just formatted but soon it will be a POS System yet again, Because 1] Its a POS computer Slow Chip, Hardly any ram - and still another shit harddrive.

But yea, You might think I "Assume" to know everything, I already have certificates stating I know what you think I assume.

As they say, Assumtion is the mother of all fuck ups - Just like yours is. Ty very much peace.

didinino

assuming that ur computer has no viruses/malware and stuff (start->run->msconfig to see whats running on ur computer, software and services) u should get 1GB ram like all the guys said, and i would suggest getting standard graphic card (such as gf 7600 SE or if there is newer version then go for it).

about HD... if its too old u might have some broken sectors or its just the age which makes it load ur data slower.
    if u use IDE and u have SATA connection on ur motherboard go for SATA.

---------------------
    like the guy suggested running spybot, it helps and its almost the best soft in the market.

we can go over some tests to see whats going on with your computer, it might be even a single service which takes alot of resources from your computer and must be shut down (if unnecessary).

Volcanic

But he don&#39;t understand it won&#39;t increase his speed any, Personally I coulden&#39;t live without 2 TB harddrive, but before that I would put my speed of the computer [/b]
    You clearly havent got the slightest idea of what your are blabbering about.
    The larger the disc, the fast it loads. Simple.
    http://www.karbosguide.com/books/pcarchite...e/chapter44.htm
    Maybe you read this too before shooting your mouth off.

You clearly havent got the slightest idea of what your are blabbering about.
    The larger the disc, the fast it loads. Simple.
    http://www.karbosguide.com/books/pca.../chapter44.htm
    Maybe you read this too before shooting your mouth off.[/b]
    You can&#39;t even copy a link right, Who would listen to you :lol: :lol:

Volcanic

You can&#39;t even copy a link right, Who would listen to you :lol: :lol:[/b]
    Thanks for putting me straight, I guess thats what happens when you`re rushing because dinners ready .

Thanks for putting me straight, I guess thats what happens when you`re rushing because dinners ready .[/b]
    Zuhaaha, At least you know how to read a joke when you see one :P.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast