Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help with instaling windows XP on SATA HDD !

This is a discussion on Help with instaling windows XP on SATA HDD ! within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ok i have hp 530 intel t2600 laptop. When i start instalin windows xp this error come out! Windows XP ...
Page: 1

stefann

Ok i have hp 530 intel t2600 laptop.

When i start instalin windows xp this error come out!
    Windows XP Professional Setup

Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer.
    Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer,and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct.This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program.
    Setup cannot continue.To quit Setup,press F3.[/b]
    wher i can find that damn sata hdd driver and how can i instal them on my laptop, when i download then should i write them on CD or how ?

big thanks to all who help me

check your bios settings

I bet there is something wrong

stefann

what should i check? cuz i never installed windows on laptop. I was think is same like on desktop computer but it's not same

well the port your hd is connected might be disabled from bios

or as the error says the hd is not properly connected/broken

This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program.[/b]
    that means the hard disc diagnostic found from bios

stefann

Well all port are Enable in bios.

Is ther any other trick ?

Ensure the HDD is formated before attempting to install windows. The manufacture of your HDD should supply a utility disk with the HDD.

Seeing as WinXP cant find ur HDD (actually ur HDD controller), I assume ur laptop was delivered with Vista, but u prefered WinXP, correct?

Well, In any case.. I think its the same issue I had back then, and there are 2 solutions.

1: Buy an extern floppy drive, copy ur HDD controller drivers into it, and when u start the WinXP installation, press F6 when it asks for external drivers, and then it should copy it from ur floppy.
    Notice: Personally I havent tried this solution.. I used another method.

2. Or.. Google "nLite", and download that. This solution require another computer with a CD recorder, the application will create a CD with Windows XP AND the extra drivers within the CD (ofc u need the HDD controller driver beforehand).

Both methods are pretty hardcore for computer noobies, but thats the only way for now if u want Windows XP over Vista. U are welcome to search for 3rd method, but those 2 methods took me a couple hours to discover, I used the 2nd one and it worked pretty well.

Good luck

PS: To the ppl who have no idea what they are talking about: the Windows XP installation doesnt care if the HDD is formatted or not. As long it doesnt recognize the HDD controller, it wont get any further. The WinXP installation have its own HDD partition tools later on, so even if the partitions hasnt been made, it can still be done under the installation process.

if that's the case captain explained I suggest that u go back to vista

even if u manage to get the xp installed and working it will be hard to find drivers

the drivers u had on vista wont work on xp and it will very hard to find working ones if they even exist ( because it's a laptop we are talking about )

even if u manage to get the xp installed and working it will be hard to find drivers

the drivers u had on vista wont work on xp and it will very hard to find working ones if they even exist ( because it's a laptop we are talking about )[/b]
    Thats another problem to consider, when I was done with the installation, I had no WinXP drivers for my laptop, so I had to take a visit to my laptop website, apparently they didnt had any WinXP drivers available for download. It seems the producer doesnt encourage ppl to get older stuff, or just wont bother with it. Luckily I found a guy on the forum who gathered a load of drivers, from older laptop model that still works on newer model.

stefann

Problem done Easy: When u enter in bios "System configuration" and u will see option (sata native mode) just Disable it and it will work normal.
    I used like this and i instaled windows normaly.

Btw is ther any option in Device Manager to download drivers from internet automatic ? cuz i have some driver that i cant find.

Seeing as WinXP cant find ur HDD (actually ur HDD controller), I assume ur laptop was delivered with Vista, but u prefered WinXP, correct?

Well, In any case.. I think its the same issue I had back then, and there are 2 solutions.

1: Buy an extern floppy drive, copy ur HDD controller drivers into it, and when u start the WinXP installation, press F6 when it asks for external drivers, and then it should copy it from ur floppy.
    Notice: Personally I havent tried this solution.. I used another method.

2. Or.. Google "nLite", and download that. This solution require another computer with a CD recorder, the application will create a CD with Windows XP AND the extra drivers within the CD (ofc u need the HDD controller driver beforehand).

Both methods are pretty hardcore for computer noobies, but thats the only way for now if u want Windows XP over Vista. U are welcome to search for 3rd method, but those 2 methods took me a couple hours to discover, I used the 2nd one and it worked pretty well.

Good luck

PS: To the ppl who have no idea what they are talking about: the Windows XP installation doesnt care if the HDD is formatted or not. As long it doesnt recognize the HDD controller, it wont get any further. The WinXP installation have its own HDD partition tools later on, so even if the partitions hasnt been made, it can still be done under the installation process.[/b]

Your a moron!

hej

Your a moron![/b]
    Yes you probably are because C4pt4iN is 100% correct in what he wrote.

When you install windows xp / vista you first come to were you make partition then choses if you want to format it in ntfs or fat (fat only shows if the partition is less then 32GB big)

Yes you probably are because C4pt4iN is 100% correct in what he wrote.

When you install windows xp / vista you first come to were you make partition then choses if you want to format it in ntfs or fat (fat only shows if the partition is less then 32GB big)[/b]
    There's a reason the HDD manufacture sends a utility disk with all brand new HDD's. Because windows dosen't always recognize a bare disk with no controllers. And the utility cd that come's with a new HDD has the controllers and partition and format utility's on them which are far faster and better than the windows utilities.

hej

There's a reason the HDD manufacture sends a utility disk with all brand new HDD's. Because windows dosen't always recognize a bare disk with no controllers. And the utility cd that come's with a new HDD has the controllers and partition and format utility's on them which are far faster and better than the windows utilities.[/b]
    Are you drunk? sold hdd for 8years now and i never seen any cd with, if you men if you buy a controller card yes then you may need to use a cd/disk so you can load drivers for the controller card o windows recognize it.

hmm a driver cd to install hard drive... i mean what are u high?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast