Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Help me with picking laptop

This is a discussion on Help me with picking laptop within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; There is no DECENT laptop with more than 4gb of ram in an affordable price range. The ones I've seen, ...
Page: 2

There is no DECENT laptop with more than 4gb of ram in an affordable price range. The ones I've seen, with 4gb ram, usually suck on the CPU and GPU. Unless you plan on paying a shitload for a laptop that certainly won't be needed just to play KO on, you should be more than fine going with ~2gb ram, somewhat decent dual core and a good gpu.

And I wouldn't buy a Toshiba, ever. I've had two of those, they're a pain in the ass. They're sort of.. the Dell' in the laptop scene![/b]
    I disagree completely. Vista doesent run nearly as well on 2gb of ram, esp when you multitask (thats not to say it would run slow, either). Also, 4gb of ram can be found in mid grade laptops; what do you mean by affordable? He didn't say he needed to play crysis, any dedicated GPU will run KO fine.
    And toshiba makes great laptops unless you buy a cheap ass low-grade notebook, in which case there is no good choice no matter who makes it. I've had nothing but luck with them. Of cource, they arnt IBM par but they fare as well as any other out there.

simpleguy144

I'm looking for a laptop for:

Play KO on max settings
    Play DvDs
    Get on internet for email/stream videos (youtube)
    Has a DVI output (so i can hook it up to my 26" samsung LCD monitor)
    Have a jack for headphones
    A decent size screen 17" - 20"
    Dual-Core
    Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit[/b]

Check this laptop. I have this one and it works fine for me.
    Here is the link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1218043606827

BiPolarCow

I don't really want to spend more then like 800 $ . I want at least 17" and 4gb of ram, core 2-duo,

NOOBS, HP HDX X18-1180ef 18,4" TFT is better than all proposition NOOBS, you will have this computer for 10-15 years

ILoveYouToo

To be honest i would just get a desktop if you plan on hooking it up to your monitor anyway. For 800 bucks i doubt you could get a decent laptop with the specs you want but it wouldn't hurt to look. On the other hand i spent about 800 bucks and i got a pretty fucking kickass desktop the only catch is you have to build it yourself, which isn't hard.

BiPolarCow

To be honest i would just get a desktop if you plan on hooking it up to your monitor anyway. For 800 bucks i doubt you could get a decent laptop with the specs you want but it wouldn't hurt to look. On the other hand i spent about 800 bucks and i got a pretty fucking kickass desktop the only catch is you have to build it yourself, which isn't hard.[/b]
    I already got a desktop ... I want laptop cause I'm going into the army and laptop would be better used then desktop . Also I like to go over to my friends house to play ko and I don't like carrying my desktop, monitor, keyboard and mouse everywhere .

my laptop has 4gb but its a gaming laptop, using a 64bit vista OS

like kunpao said, since vista comes with nearly every new laptop nowadays they are needing more and more memory. 3gb being standard sounds about right, since most laptops come with 32 bit OS and 32bit only recognizes like, 3.2gb of ram so having 4gb would be a waste

LOL the guy in ur avatar gets pwned over and over and over
    its hours of entertainment

I'm looking for a laptop for:

Play KO on max settings
    Play DvDs
    Get on internet for email/stream videos (youtube)
    Has a DVI output (so i can hook it up to my 26" samsung LCD monitor)
    Have a jack for headphones
    A decent size screen 17" - 20"
    Dual-Core
    Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit[/b]

If you want the best premade gaming lap top it's dell xps series. The new one comes with a lighted keyboard so you can play in dim light or complete darkness. It has all the top of the line graphics card, processor, ram, etc. It also comes with all name brand parts, not gray market crap like off the shelf. The only thing is, it is very expensive. You can build one for the cheaper but it won't look as nice nor will it have the lighted keyboard. BTW, Dell also makes the Alienware line - if you match them part to part they charge you 25-40% more for the name, it's retarded.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12