Help With a MotherBoard Feature

This is a discussion on Help With a MotherBoard Feature within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Does anyone know what these small PCI slots are for? im build ma own computers jus never known wat there ...
Page: 1

bazzeeka

Does anyone know what these small PCI slots are for? im build ma own computers jus never known wat there for lol

btw this is my mobo :P what you think? PCI-E Gfx , Sata 3G/bs , Intel Pentium D , or Intel Core 2 Duo , DDR 2 (Dual Channel 667) its 64bit ready , runs heeps smooth on Vista n Xp

hej

Pci express 1x, they are meant to replace PCI, so for soundcard, modem, network card and so on.
    But now all are built in to the boards so you dont eed them, if your not going to get a better soundcard, with only is PCI so fare.

Nexetti

what he said :P

but
    to
    be honest:

intel sucks ass, go amd 64x2 1gb cache they are without a doubt the fastest processors on the market at the moment unless you get a c3.2 which is made specially for counter-strike source and costs about $600 :P

AMD > all, reliability is as follows:

intel 98%
    amd 94%

performance:
    intel: ----------------------------------]
    amd: ---------------------------------------------------]

if you're building a gaming comp go amd

hej

what he said :P
    but
    to
    be honest:

intel sucks ass, go amd 64x2 1gb cache they are without a doubt the fastest processors on the market at the moment unless you get a c3.2 which is made specially for counter-strike source and costs about $600 :P

AMD > all, reliability is as follows:

intel 98%
    amd 94%

performance:
    intel: ----------------------------------]
    amd: ---------------------------------------------------]

if you're building a gaming comp go amd[/b]
    Not true, Intel core2duo cpu is up to 50% faster then AMD X2, but old Intel like 9xx and so is slower, Intel paid for AMD technology and made it better.

bazzeeka

yeh true Intel Pentium D was the fisrt dual core they suxed dick to be honest..
    AMD had the lead at first but the intel Core 2 Duo is supprisingly fast.. not to mention the quad core 0_o Thanx for ya help anyways jus another peace of PCI shit lol

ive built many AMD's the old barton cores i got a decent overclock n it lastest 2 years but ive moved to intel slowly for the reliabilty that latest i built was this box about 1 year ago so i gotta get upto times again :S

its a matter of personal choice

gamer like us who never take em out of first gear anyway :/
    or youtube to watch clips :/

so big money = big number = big waste IMO

but... saying all that big number give us a sense of pride over smaller number :P
    so my advise is.... go with ur budget!!

@ bazzeeka.. u aussie? go over to whirlpool.net.au forum hardware section..