Help with networking

This is a discussion on Help with networking within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I got a wireless card in my computer and I have two lan plugs on my motherboard. I want to ...
Page: 1

Shawntay

I got a wireless card in my computer and I have two lan plugs on my motherboard. I want to use one of those lan plugs to hook a xbox 360 up and use the wireless card to get internet to the xbox 360. How do I go around doing that. I use XP Pro by the way. Also I use Zone Alarm Pro as my firewall. Thanks

evilwevel

1. Get a crossover cable
    2. Install Ethernet card (if necessary)
    3. Install router (if necessary)
    4. Plug in crossover cable to ethernet card and to Xbox.
    5. go to START>CONNECT TO>SHOW ALL CONNECTIONS (Can also be found in my computer>my network places> view network connections
    6. right Click on wireless network connection and click on properties
    7. Click on advanced tab
    8. Check the box next to " Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection" then click OK.
    9. Right click on Local Area Connection the click on properties
    10. Click on internet protocol (Tcp/Ip) then click on properties
    11. Beside IP Address type in: 192.168.0.25
    12. Beside Subnet mask type in: 255.255.255.0 (Remember the this IP and Subnet mask are different depending on the brand of the router. This configuration is set for Linksys routers.)
    13. Click OK
    14. Turn on xbox go into the internet settings and make sure it gets an Ip and subnet mask automatically. B/C You have already @ssigned it.

that should work.

Shawntay

I don't have a crossover cable . I just got an ether card and just working fine. Thanks man!!! Your GOD!!!

evilwevel

I don't have a crossover cable.[/b]
    you do if you were able to connect your pc to your xbox

good luck and have fun playing.

Shawntay

you do if you were able to connect your pc to your xbox

good luck and have fun playing.[/b]
    I don't think it is cause I'm using the cord that came with the Xbox 360 Bundle and it doesn't say anything about it being a crossover cable.

evilwevel

a crossover is just a name for an "internet cable" crossover means the connector pins on each side are switched. they look exactly the same, but a crossover is needed when you want to connect two similar devices (pc and another pc) while a straight (through) is needed for regular stuff (pc to router or switch for example)