You have been detected using a third party tool or using illegal action erm WHAT?

This is a discussion on You have been detected using a third party tool or using illegal action erm WHAT? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; logged on as usual today, about 10min in when i am in mora suddenly a message pops up along the ...
Page: 1

Default You have been detected using a third party tool or using illegal action erm WHAT?

logged on as usual today, about 10min in when i am in mora suddenly a message pops up along the lines of

you have been detected using a third party tool or doing illegal action
    you will be banned from KO for 48hours

this disconnected me and now when i try to connect it comes up as disconnected from server when i try to log into my character. I do not use third party tools, i never have and i do not party with hackers or take part in illegal action (whatever that may be),i have a whole clan who can vouch for me. What is this about? .

i recently made +9 chaotic by chance on the anvil(perfectly legitimatly, but by accident) and sold it, would that have anything to do with it?

hope someone can help

peace

and logged into my KO account on the website and it said Status : Active

chili_pepper

its only a 48hr ban man, its because something in your background coflicted with KO's random scanning device, it could be anything from windows vista to msn messenger, KO doesnt have an anti-hack system active constantly anymore it casued too many login issues, now they randomly scan servers and sometimes conflicts can show any 3rd party tool. Most people have task manager open when banned lol, i wouldnt be surprised if it was this

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

It's because of the antivirus that you have installed on your computer, detected KO as a virus and then you get feedback of getting banned. Use Antivir, even the free version is good enough.

Okay thanks for the advice, i thought some randomer was trying to hack my account.

Ok guys, i have the same problem here but only when i try to run the game on laptop.

I have the same anti-virus program installed on both my laptop and pc but on pc it works fine and on laptop i get 48h ban everytime i try to login.

If the anti-virus detects it was a virus, shouldnt i be banned when playing on pc as well?

thanks

chili_pepper

depends whats in the background on your laptop then, and its easy to blame antivirus as i sticks its nose into everywhere, however I personally think KO has no idea what its banning and just spams the ban button when their 'anti-3rd party tool' scanner finds something fishy. Thats the reason its only 48hour bans, because its completely unreliable from their point of view also. If it was reliable and found real 3rd party tools it would be 30 days minimum bans handed out

ikke945

Ahwell, 2days ban isnt that bad?

Sheer4Cold

nd try to turnoff any automatic updates in any programs ...maybe that's the problem...check it

SexyIsWhatIam

i juz got it too =.="...quite lame tho lolx...but is gd for me to concentrate on other things now XD...

Quote Originally Posted by chili_pepper View Post
    its only a 48hr ban man, its because something in your background coflicted with KO's random scanning device, it could be anything from windows vista to msn messenger, KO doesnt have an anti-hack system active constantly anymore it casued too many login issues, now they randomly scan servers and sometimes conflicts can show any 3rd party tool. Most people have task manager open when banned lol, i wouldnt be surprised if it was this
    WOW thats messed up of K2. What a waste of premium (if you have it)

I wonder how K2 stays alive

JediKnightRoyaiPriest

Lightbulb Support Ticket/ Try to Re log if you haven;t already done so

Quote Originally Posted by XxSTIGMAxX View Post
    WOW thats messed up of K2. What a waste of premium (if you have it)

I wonder how K2 stays alive
    are you sure he's banned did he try to re log, a few times a while aback after a new patch i logged in and my account was blocked then a after i waited about 30 minutes before became unblocked i got banned for 24 hours and re logged and banned again for 24 hours, was like what the fuck. if you put in a support ticket out in the right category it should take maybe a 6-7 days tops. you should try to ask them if you can get re embursed the premium service that you paid for that you aren't able to use because of their bugged to shit software/client. good luck