Help request for Fraps

This is a discussion on Help request for Fraps within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I recorded a few video files using fraps, and they have been saved in my fraps folder as extremely large ...
Page: 1

HotAsIce

I recorded a few video files using fraps, and they have been saved in my fraps folder as extremely large AVI files, but I have been unable to find a way to make these files smaller. I've tried several avi to mpg converters, but none of them seem to work. Does anyone know how to make fraps'd avi files smaller to upload them on filefront or youtube? Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

HotAsIce

Not sure why this double posted, a mod can delete one of them that doesn't get any response, sorry.

HotAsIce

Not sure why this double posted, a mod can delete one of them that doesn't get any response, sorry.

HotAsIce

Not sure why this double posted, please delete whichever one doesn't get a good response.

HotAsIce

Wow, I must be having some lag issues or something, LOL!

They are extremely large because they arent compressed/codec
    i think you can do that with video vegas

HotAsIce

Every time I try to compress it, I get wierd error messages. DivX encoder said I needed to have streaming video and sound to do it, another one said I was missing a codec, even tho all of my codecs are up to date. I'll search for video vegas real quick and try it out tho. Whats another compiler/converter to my growing list of 5 :P

Aqu

virtualdubmod, xvid codec, sony vegas & goldwave.

with that you can make a lovely fraps ^_^

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

You should use gamecam to record just to make the files smaller ^^

hej

US virtualdub and compress them, or cut out the part raw then use moviemaker to compress it.

Or as Dark wrote use Gamecam to get bad quality recordings.

HotAsIce

I already downloaded virtual dub. I'd open the video, click on the video tab, click on compression, choose divx, click ok......... and nothing happens. It just goes back to the main screen without doing anything.

hej

O my god,

1 file, open video file
    2 video, full processing mode (if you dont want to recompress a file, just cute out something, use direct stream)
    3 video, compression, xvid, here you can at least at some codec change quality
    4 audio, full processing mode (if you have some audio you want to use, otherwis no audio)'
    5 same as 3 but with audio.
    6 file, save as avi, if you want to do more then one file then select Dont run this job now
    7 if selected dont run.. file, job control, start

If you remove show input/output video it will be faster...

HotAsIce

Thanks baba, thats exactly what I needed!