HERE'S A GOOD ONE

This is a discussion on HERE'S A GOOD ONE within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Every time im loading into the game. Somwhere in the middle of the load, my hole pc restarts on its ...
Page: 1

Every time im loading into the game. Somwhere in the middle of the load, my hole pc restarts on its own.

please help.

I know the best solution is a new pc. Im on to that <_< (but for now)

Banned Senior Member

Every time im loading into the game. Somwhere in the middle of the load, my hole pc restarts on its own.

please help.

I know the best solution is a new pc. Im on to that <_< (but for now)[/b]
    Have you tried reinstalling yet?

Shimmy

please help.

I know the best solution is a new pc. Im on to that <_< (but for now)[/b]

Is It Hot, Chances Are Its Probaly Overheating?

Is It Hot, Chances Are Its Probaly Overheating?[/b]
    Its working now but u know what thts prob why cuz this computer never gets tunred off...lil sis/bros forget to turn it off every night.

I got it to work by turning off all programse except ko and then going full screen . Now for the dc problams lol

Thank you for taking ur time and replying guyz.......

Its working now but u know what thts prob why cuz this computer never gets tunred off...lil sis/bros forget to turn it off every night.

I got it to work by turning off all programse except ko and then going full screen . Now for the dc problams lol

Thank you for taking ur time and replying guyz....... [/b]

This happens to me on private servers and in old ke. Now it seems to be fixed in usko... You still get it in usko or you are talking about a priv serv?

jimfujitsu

Go to start>control panel>performance and maintenance>administrative tools>event viewer.Select application then press view > filter and uncheck information , warning and success audit boxes and see what errors you have in your log at about the time you pc restarted .Do the same for the system option in event viewer . Once you have spotted the error that makes your pc shut down we can work it out from there.

This happens to me on private servers and in old ke. Now it seems to be fixed in usko... You still get it in usko or you are talking about a priv serv?[/b]
    on usko. Still doing it by the way it sux i can stay on for a wile but...eventually it shuts down

Go to start>control panel>performance and maintenance>administrative tools>event viewer.Select application then press view > filter and uncheck information , warning and success audit boxes and see what errors you have in your log at about the time you pc restarted .Do the same for the system option in event viewer . Once you have spotted the error that makes your pc shut down we can work it out from there.[/b]

ok i did what u said and i found alot of errors on windowslivesetup and a couple of aplication errior/hang? hang says "hanging application SPeedupmypc.exe..etc
    also says a hole bunch of crypt32

then i went to system and there is ALOT of service control managers and system errors. whne i click on system error it said erroir cod 10000008e, parameter1..etc

God i hope that helps u help me becuase it is still doing it

jimfujitsu

What kind of operating system do you use ( xp , vista ) and also what is your system configuration ( pc , motherboard , graphi card ) do you have an ati graphic card ?.Also is the error error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005,parameter2 804ebfd9 or something like that ?

What kind of operating system do you use ( xp , vista ) and also what is your system configuration ( pc , motherboard , graphi card ) do you have an ati graphic card ?.Also is the error error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005,parameter2 804ebfd9 or something like that ?[/b]

I got windows XP. No this computer dont have a graphic card(probably a defult). Yeh the the error code matches.

My freind donwloaded ko on his pc and he siad he got 20 trojans.efects from just downloading ko? whats up wiht that

CaVity

I got windows XP. No this computer dont have a graphic card(probably a defult). Yeh the the error code matches.
    My freind donwloaded ko on his pc and he siad he got 20 trojans.efects from just downloading ko? whats up wiht that[/b]
    WIN XP restarts for every little threat (most of them totally harmless).

I suggest you download Auto Reboot Remover

It is a simple tool.

Or do the same thing manually:

* Click Start, Run and enter the command “gpedit.msc”
    * Select Local Computer Policy->Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Windows Update
    * Open “Re-prompt for restart with scheduled installations”
    * Change the value to max. 1440
    * Close the Group Policy Editor
    * Click Start, Run and enter the command “gpupdate /force”

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Cavity&#39;s suggestion will help if it is autoupdate making the PC reboot, but it seems unlikely that it would happen to co-incide with starting KO.

As a follow up to the over-heating suggestion someone made:

Assuming it is a desktop PC, TURN IT OFF and take the side of the box and check for dust build-up. It it&#39;s dusty, close your eyes and blow like crazy. Pay special attention to the fans and heatsink(s).

Computer cleaning aids:
    Compressed air canister >> bristled shaving brush >> duster >> lungs

I know a shaving brush might seem odd, but the bristles are non-conductive, get into the tiny gaps and are soft enough not to damage anything.

You mentioned "speedupmypc" in the event logs. Try removing that (the program not the log :P) and see if it helps at all.

Other possibilities:
    Virus / malware (run a full scan)
    bad video drivers (update them)

Has KO worked on the same PC happily before?