Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bartok

i need help deciding...

This is a discussion on i need help deciding... within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; alright...so my computer is complete crap....during exp( no one around) i get around 20 fps....in pk its between 2-8 fps(ewwww ...
Page: 1

Default i need help deciding...

alright...so my computer is complete crap....during exp( no one around) i get around 20 fps....in pk its between 2-8 fps(ewwww especially for int priest and mage right?)

i cant afford to save up and do one lump sum...my friend sent me this link because they have easy pay monthly....i want between 50-100 fps during pk and use my graphics on high....i know all in ones are expensive to fix n shit... but which of these comps give me the 2 things i need?

Dell 23 Touch All-in-One Intel Desktop 4GB RAM 1TB HDD & 2Yr AntiVirus ? QVC.com

Dell Inspiron 23 All-in-One Desktop - Intel, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD ? QVC.com

HP 21 Touch All-in-One Desktop AMD A4 4GB RAM 1TB HDD ? QVC.com

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

I used to put together PC builds for people alongside a friend, and we would build and end up shipping them to people, so I'll just tell you this, pre-made PC's are absolutely fucking garbage in my experience, not just for fixing shit but just in general you're paying for things that are way overpriced (iBuyPower and Alienware are notorious for this on their desktop builds), so I dug up some old builds i put together, granted they may be outdated and you may have to change some parts out (like a 290 for something else etc) but it shouldn't be too difficult; PCPartPicker and a bit more expensive PCPartPicker

I also don't see why you can't just save up instead of paying monthly for one of these better builds, but lolok. Of the 3 you linked, it's pretty difficult to tell you which one will be better considering they all say the same exact shit thats supposed to convince technologically illiterate old people, and I couldn't find a parts list, so you're literally taking a shot in the dark with them as far as what you're getting (like what graphics card do they even provide, not to mention the CPUs they provide are fucking garbage tier).

well the problem with saving money is..i cant..my check is usually gone within 3 days...and i need a new computer asap its hard to pk with this one

Quote Originally Posted by Respekt View Post
    well the problem with saving money is..i cant..my check is usually gone within 3 days...and i need a new computer asap its hard to pk with this one
    I would strongly recommend not going through the pay by monthly option. My mom did this a long time ago and bought a piece of crap pc that cost 1500 by the time she was done paying for it she had spent over 3 k. Now this was like over 10 years ago back when people didn't know what they needed inside of a pc to play games and what not, and she was pretty bad at managing her money, but if you can't even save up then I would think you are probably bad with your money also. If your cheque really is gone within three days of getting it than I hate to say it but why would you think that you have money for a new pc on monthly payments anyways. You just gotta suck it up, if you are spending your money recklessly than adding a monthly payment option ontop of that habbit is just going to cause a whole bunch of trouble down the road. Just save up 50 dollars a week at first it doesn't seem like much but then after three weeks its like hey i got myself 150 dollars way to go. That's the attitude you gotta have when it comes to saving money plus it opens options down the road that wouldn't be there if you hadn't of saved any money. I work night shift at a grocery store and have for 6 years and I fking hate it. I can't do this shit forever and my body is slowly deteriorating and i'm only 25. So this year I saved about 1/3 of my paycheck and finished high school so I can get a better job down the line. It sucks right now because saving money is borring as fk, but hey I saved up 11k for school and I'm real proud of that. Now Knight online is one of the least demanding pc games you could imagine. This year I built my first pc for over 1100 (tower only) and then slowly upgraded the rest of my stuff like my monitor and mouse and headphones and stuff even so, kol still doesn't run smoothly at times. I don't have a problem with the fps but some things like weapon effects won't show up if there are alot of ppl on my screen, the game still has a slight stutter if there are lots of aoe's going off and the background is still blocky until you run towards it. I used to think this was a problem with my old pc but it has to actually do with the way the game was coded way back when they made it, and since everyone loves the pvp in the game, they seem to not want to recode it. I would recommend just building your own. If knight online or league of legends or other games like that are all that you play than you don't need to go overboard at all. I think you can probably build yourself a decent pc for about 300-500 dollars (depending on where you live), because you don't need to get a new monitor right away you will only need the tower. Some places to check out that could help you with are tom's hardware, linus tech tips, these are some good sites to look at that have alot of people in their community that can help you answer any questions you may have, and I guarantee you that those questions have probably already been answered. Some youtubers to watch would be Austin Evans, he has alot of videos on how to build cheap gaming pc's (this is the route for you I would go for you if you are definitely on a budget), or linus tech tips who does more of an enthusiast grade stuff or just youtube/google how to build a really cheap gaming pc. By the way where do you live? It might make a difference in the price. Also why is your paycheck gone within three days of receiving it? Skyhunter is right by the way, prebuilt pc's from company's are garbage. They are totally overpriced, and they usually come with refurbished hard drives from servers that auction off their used ones when they upgrade. In a pc harddrives are the first to go because they have the shortest lifespan and become corrupted. My last pc i bought was prebuild and died within 3 years. Now thinking back if I had built a pc I would have had the knowledge just to replace the harddrive when it stopped working. You should build one it's a fun little project to do and the knowledge will be usefull the rest of your life. It's not daunting at all. Watch three or four different videos on youtube how to make one and you will see that its really just 6-7 parts. Think of it like lego assembly but for adults. I only had to follow the instructions each part came with to build mine and it was easy peasy. Knight Online isn't going anywhere, so there is no rush trust me. Wish you luck!
    Darken likes this.

Genius Senior Member ExclusiveBastard's Avatar

I have to agree with the guys above.. Pre-made are mostly garbage.

if you would build one yourself (suggest using one of those pc-builders on hardware sites, it automaticaly figures out if a processor fits inside the socket of the motherboard)

anyway;

Harddisk: suggest a 120gb ssd (Samsung or Crucial m4) + the harddisk of your current pc. (Your os and ko would go on the ssd)

graphic card: amd is cheap, but i still suggest paying a little more for a nice nvidia (get one with 2gb+ ddr5 memory)

processor: i7 or i5. (4th or 5th generation)

Memory: 1600+mhz. Ddr3 or ddr4 (6gb+)

motherboard: any motherboard (ofc with the right processorsocket and enough space for your graphic card and shit) i suggest you to buy one with build-in sound and network.. Saves you alot of money

case: any case that can take your hardware (so not to small) probably a medi-tower or big-tower

Power-supply: 500-750w

I made a budget pc about a week ago with quiet good hardware for my motherinlaw (about 220usd without graphic card, i'll try to add it later)

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Exclusive, I don't think this guy has any idea what any of your words meant, don't think he knows what ddr4 is or why to not buy a 900W PSU is important etc, so it might be easier to link him entire builds like I did (as much as it annoys me)

i needed a laptop..im starting school by next year.... so i chose this

http://www.qvc.com/HP-15-Touch-Laptop-Intel-Quad-Core-4GB-RAM-1TB-HDD-w-Tech-Support.product.E227141.html?sc=E227141-Tailored&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-3-_-E227141&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/e/41/e227141.001?$uslarge$

i havent done the monthly or ordered anything yet....i basically want to hook up 3 monitors and be able to see/use ventrilo and websites on the far right monitor...my knight online on the middle monitor and a music thing on the left monitor....

so id need a 3 port graphics card.....

i been using my tv...and it keeps switching the input option...and it gets messed up like i cant do anything to the tv (turn down the volume change to hdmi mode or anything until i unplug it)

or the tv doesnt register that i have vga plugged in and blue screens then switches back (when that does it my ko screen goes black and cant fix it without relogging)

so since im used to a big monitor i gotta go with 3 and i like being able to see vent my music player and ko at the same time without lagging or freezing...

it def needs to be alot better than this...

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...pslp2r8jii.jpg

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok View Post
    My last pc i bought was prebuild and died within 3 years. Now thinking back if I had built a pc I would have had the knowledge just to replace the harddrive when it stopped working. You should build one it's a fun little project to do and the knowledge will be usefull the rest of your life. It's not daunting at all. Watch three or four different videos on youtube how to make one and you will see that its really just 6-7 parts. Think of it like lego assembly but for adults. I only had to follow the instructions each part came with to build mine and it was easy peasy. Knight Online isn't going anywhere, so there is no rush trust me. Wish you luck!

Yes, prebuilds are usually completely overpriced crap, with Harddrive full of bloatware (junk)

Also if someone is building PC from separate parts. Like I did too. You dont even need to assamble it yourself. In any PC service shop, they should build it up from parts you have for like 10$ - 20$.

Something like this would be MUCH better then any of the things u mentioned before.

1 Intel Core i5-4460 Boxed € 183,95 € 183,95
    1 ASRock H81M-HDS € 46,50 € 46,50
    1 Club 3D Radeon R9 280 royalKing € 180,95 € 180,95
    1 Cooler Master N300 (KKN1, closed) € 31,95 € 31,95
    1 Crucial Ballistix BLS2CP4G3D1609DS1S00CEU € 52,50 € 52,50
    1 Antec VPF Series 450W € 44,10 € 44,10
    1 Crucial BX100 250GB € 89,- € 89,-
    Bekijk collectie
    Importeer producten
    Totaal € 628,95