Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Key Logger Detector

This is a discussion on Key Logger Detector within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I've just gotten key logged and hacked and I have been downloading a few programs to help search for them ...
Page: 1

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

Thumbs down

I've just gotten key logged and hacked and I have been downloading a few programs to help search for them and delete them so that I would not have to worry about logging into anything such as my knight online account or even my bank account.

So far I have used; (cracked versions; torrents; warez files)

-Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    -SUPERAntiSpyware Professional
    -Avira AntiVir "Luke Filewalker" Scanner
    -BitDefender Total Security 2009

I will go download Kaspersky now but, aren't all of these programs just virus scanners?

Has anyone ever had a program which specifically cleans out all key logs completely?

I must find one because I really don't want to format my computer and lose everything I've saved here..

THANK YOU

PriestOfShadows

until you find a solution, use this, tedious yet helpful.

(windows)
    start-all programs-accessories-accessories-on-screen keyboard

Use it for typing in passwords, theres is only one keylogger out atm that can log visual stuff.

BigApple

Kinda funny that you got a virus/key logger, and then you go on to say your using cracked/hacked files to try and clean them out. Some people dont learn from their own mistakes...

Do yourself a favor and download free copies of ad-aware from http://lavasoft.com/ and comodo internet security from http://www.comodo.com/. THe two together are all you will ever need to keep your pc clean and secure. And stop using cracked software and warezzzzzzzzz and you wont get any more keylogges or virus.

(windows)
    Use it for typing in passwords, theres is only one keylogger out atm that can log visual stuff.[/b]
    Hey that's pretty sweet. I didnt even know it was there

Banned

Danny, get AVG, and run FULL scan and make sure you update it to the last first.

It will find the trojan and remove it, like it did with mine, but you will need to REFORM your PC to fully get rid of it.

http://free.avg.com/download-avg-ant...s-free-edition

Also Download Threatfire

http://www.threatfire.com/download/

Run both, get rid of trojan/keylogger, REFORMAT, dl them again and keep em always running

HamDude Senior Member thenerd1o2's Avatar

Aint there something called Trojan remover ? < maybe that would help http://www.simplysup.com/tremover/download.html

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

ok so I just finished all scans and restarting the PC. I&#39;m gunna make a quick scan individually from all of &#39;em and see if it finds anything anymore. SUPER Anti Spyware Professional isn&#39;t even cracked, it&#39;s just a trial version and it found more shit than any other program, lol.

Vicious

Get ESET Smart Security if you want everything, its a anti virus and anti spyware (NOD32), and firewall, and I think it has some anti spam thing for your emails or something.

I use it, and its really good, just get ready to set a lot of permissions when you first install it, or you could use a different permission mask which only scan potentially unsafe programs. I&#39;ve got mine set on scanning everything.

You could also opt for NOD32, or Kaspersky, but they are just anti virus programs iirc.

PM me if you want a username and password to activate it.

Strike

Danny stop using cracked versions of programs ><. That&#39;s your 1st problem.

download and run this program to find out where it is hiding : http://download.cnet.com/Trend-Micro-Hijac...4-10781312.html

It&#39;s Trend Micro&#39;s HijackThis 2.0.2 and will help locate where it&#39;s hiding. You can post the log it create&#39;s here if you want more help as it only reads your system proccess and nothing else or you can bug someone you trust a little bit more to have a look for you.

Now your second problem. STOP USING "FREE" SCANNERS. with all the money you spend on other games and such ya think you could shell out $29.99-$39.99 or so a year and protect yourself a bit better. Ya AVG is not bad, but as you can see it doesn&#39;t protect against keyloggers. NO "free" scanner will.

If you do decide to buy a virus scanner, get only the scanner and not those Internet Security packages as most of them are overpriced.

Look for:
    *BitDefender*
    *Kaspersky*

Trend Micro PC-cillin

The two I underlined are the ones I recommend.

A-Squared Anti-Malware is made for such a purpose, I think. As I read that I get to think about buying it (had it for six months once, no problems)

Banned

I have been using Spybot S&D to remove spyware and keyloggers, Avast takes care of viruses.

Kaspersky Internet Security in my opinion have best protection. Have virtual keybord too.
    I know you need to buy a key for using all the time (about 1 year) but there is another way to have Kaspersky without buying or without cracking it in full version.

Just download Kaspersky Internet Security (30 days trial version), after when 30 days end just uninstal and instal Kaspersky again. (You got 30 free days again). Btw Kasperky working like full version.

About this:
    (windows)
    Use it for typing in passwords, theres is only one keylogger out atm that can log visual stuff.[/b]
    Start -> activate -> "osk" - shortcut

If you have one suspect file, check him http://www.virustotal.com

Avast very poor antywir :mellow:

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Im not sure but I tought that malware program fucked my whole pc.

It changed some things in my register wich made me reformat my whole pc

go to:

Start -> Run

type in: cmd

later type in: netstat -ona
    you&#39;ll get a big list like this one (polish version)

in the &#39;Stan&#39; collumn look for something like &#39;Sent(something)&#39; dunno what exactly will be in the bracket, we got Syn there

if it&#39;s there, it&#39;s most likely u have a KL

Danny, the best thing to do is to get an extern HD and just format your whole pc..

99% most effective method - [spoiler]reformat or get a new pc

1% chance its a super virus that is airborn in your room and will infect your new PC aswell[/spoiler]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast