How to access Windows without a Key

This is a discussion on How to access Windows without a Key within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hey My parrents forgot their key for their computer xD so we are searching for a way to access the ...
Page: 1

Banned

Hey

My parrents forgot their key for their computer xD

so we are searching for a way to access the comp, without knowing the key.. Theres only Users on the computer WITH passwords, and the "Administator" also has a password if ya know what i mean..

so yea, is there any ways i can access the computer, without knowing the key? they got alot of pictures they would like to save from the comp :P else we would just have reinstalled it XD

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

Key? Do you mean User Password?

Take a look at this topic: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321305

evilwevel

i thought you could get around that pretty easy.

just reboot, press f8 to go into that startup screen mehod thing and select safe mode, after that there should be an administrator account with no password to log in to.

*i think, don't flame me if i'm wrong....

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

i thought you could get around that pretty easy.

just reboot, press f8 to go into that startup screen mehod thing and select safe mode, after that there should be an administrator account with no password to log in to.

*i think, don't flame me if i'm wrong....[/b]
    But he says that Administrator also has a password :S

evilwevel

yeah, but i remeber reading somewhere that in safe mode the administrator account doesn't have a password.

*again, my memory isn't 100% accurate, so i could be wrong.

Banned

yea its a "User Password" and its also set on administator mode, so Safe Mode dosent work =_=

evilwevel

i only know a way to change it when you have acces to that CMD screen (forgot the name).

you can ofcourse reset the password using the password recovery cd, but i don't think you or your parents made that :unsure:

maybe try advanced hacking things ? i'm sure there's some walktrough on youtube how to gain remote acces to your computer.

Read more on this page - http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_admini...r_password.htm

Looks good so far and I'm just browsing it

EDIT - Download to a recovery tool, iso file to burn and load up from DOS http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/

Banned

you could always reformat.. other than that i wouldnt know how to get around it ... but why would you put a password on your administration account...
    that acct should always be password free.. gl getting back on your comp tho

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

you could always reformat.. other than that i wouldnt know how to get around it ... but why would you put a password on your administration account...
    that acct should always be password free.. gl getting back on your comp tho[/b]
    The administrator account should ALWAYS have a password. Under no circumstances do you want the administrator account to be open. That's just asking any virus/trojan to completely take over your PC.

Write the administrator password on the inside of the PC case. That way you can't forget it, and it's not accessible to someone trying to hack your PC.

I'm trying to get hold of an admin password resetting tool at the moment... http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/ Is an open source one with a bootable CD to auto-crack the password. I think we have a better one somewhere though, works from a memory key too.

Jason269

All you do is turn off your PC, reboot it back up and spam F2 untill the bios comes up, you go to Users and you see Administrator with password on/off. It will say on if your telling the story correct.

Select administrator and clear the password by selecting "Default settings for user Administrator"

Save settings and reboot PC. All done and no need for keys now

necro_

What windows do you have?