How to compress Fraps?

This is a discussion on How to compress Fraps? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; What file do i need to use and how do i use it i had gamecam b4 but fraps is ...
Page: 1

What file do i need to use and how do i use it

i had gamecam b4 but fraps is better,

please tell me how to compress my fraps vid's please and ty

The way I do mine, I open Virtual Dub - Video > Compression

I set it to the bottom one (I think it's XVID) - click Configure and change the option to number 16 for quality

Then I go file - save as AVI and let the program do it's work

It compresses my files from 4gb to about 200mb. There's probs a better way but it's the method I use

tommyleonghk

The way I do mine, I open Virtual Dub - Video > Compression

I set it to the bottom one (I think it's XVID) - click Configure and change the option to number 16 for quality

Then I go file - save as AVI and let the program do it's work

It compresses my files from 4gb to about 200mb. There's probs a better way but it's the method I use[/b]
    Is Virtual Dub free? i'll try search at www.download.com (a good and safe place for downloading softwares)

The DON Senior Member Raekpacman's Avatar

Yes it is free. Any links/ basic guide for pretty much any conversion is here. Compressing it to divx or xvid is usually the best option. >>

http://www.videohelp.com/oldguides/avi2divx

Hustlin' Senior Member kgllegend's Avatar

BEST way to do it IF you are gonna upload the video file to youtube where it's gonna have shitty quality either way is
    Open windows movie maker> Add the huge ass file Fraps recorded> drag it to the timeline> File>Save movie file> And go from there.

DetrimentaL

If you're not going to do any real editing, VDub will do just fine. It's simple to do. You may want to remember to install the DivX codec, too.

Using WMM is another viable option as well, if you want to do minor edits. Unfortunately, the export quality is somewhat hideous.

I use the Adobe Master Suite of applications for my videos and soundtracks. If you're think you can use the professional stuff, you could try that. I'm sure you can find it "somewhere".