Max FPS

This is a discussion on Max FPS within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; How can i reach the max fps on my pc is there anything to disable that would help?...
Page: 1

LiveToR3member

Default Max FPS

How can i reach the max fps on my pc is there anything to disable
    that would help?

Hypnos

16 bit color, full screen, all KO settings on lowest, and open up max/seed and lower visability (it can lower it further than options).

FPS is mostly video card dependant. If you're talking about drops in FPS, that can be something different. But if your FPS are low when you're just sitting down doing nothing, then you should just get a new video card.

In this game i think CPU is more important. I moved from Athlon64 3500+ with Geforce 6600GT to Pentium D 805 with Geforce 7600GT and there's a big difference.

This crapy dual core runs VERY slow compared to the Athlon64. It runs ok, but considerably slow compared to the my old system. Not sure if its a problem with KO and dual core systems or is it just that 1 core of this CPU is too inferior compared to Athlon64, since KO won't use the 2 cores.

Anyway I'm buying a E6600. Guess that will solve the problem.

ViSeH

Devile i'm buying one too instead of an x6800 ^^ and get 1950xtx and 1950 crossfire vid cards or just quad sli 7950gx2 1gb (XFX)

Not going the SLI road. Specially since DX10 cards are arround the corner. Not wise to spend too much on current video cards.

disabling vsync(verticle syncronization) helps alot kay?

hej

Rewrite the cod in the game.

u get more FPS from increasing AGP aperture size in BIOS setup

FatM4n

I run Ko on core duo intel and gforce 7600 256Mb on my laptop and it's faster then my big comp and less laggy 2

Mrjcolley101

Im running on a p4 2.2ghz w/ a g-force 4 mx440 ... no lag what so ever

TaDaaa

Originally posted by Devile
    In this game i think CPU is more important. I moved from Athlon64 3500+ with Geforce 6600GT to Pentium D 805 with Geforce 7600GT and there's a big difference.

This crapy dual core runs VERY slow compared to the Athlon64. It runs ok, but considerably slow compared to the my old system. Not sure if its a problem with KO and dual core systems or is it just that 1 core of this CPU is too inferior compared to Athlon64, since KO won't use the 2 cores.

Anyway I'm buying a E6600. Guess that will solve the problem.
    Man, never go away from AMD. I went AMD almost 10 years ago and I will never go back to the dark side. Im running a athlon64 3800+ Venice, talk about overclockable!!!!