Computer won't BEEP or Start.

This is a discussion on Computer won't BEEP or Start. within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hey guys, i just bought all my pieces to build my computer and ive got one major problem, it won't ...
Page: 1

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

Hey guys, i just bought all my pieces to build my computer and ive got one major problem, it won't start/beep. The screen does nothing either.

I've tried:
    - Unplugging everything but the CPU, RAM, Keyboard etc..
    - Moving the RAM around

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions on why it won't BEEP or even start?'

Thanks in advance.

Remove a stick of ram and try booting your computer, then try it again with the other ram if it still won't work.

Possible that you have a bad stick of ram.

evilwevel

everything plugged in ? power supply to the motherboard is connected the right way ? you connected the cpu fan to the cpu_fan socket on your motherboard ?

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Check all your kabels etc.

PriestOfShadows

key one

make sure its in powerchord is plugged into the outlet haha

xD he sent it to computer shop..hoping graphics card isnt a dud.. since the fan wouldnt work on it or any visual on screen

make sure everything that needs to be plugged in is plugged in (inside your comp from the chords coming out of the power supply) and that your power supply is strong enough to power your system

if when you press the power button and absolutely nothing happens 99% chance something is not plugged in or isn't plugged in correctly

If it wont beep, u probably didn't plug in the mother board speaker.

yeh well hes my RL friend and i tried helping him...

We couldnt find the cord for the sound speaker ( makes the beep ), but still the gfx card fan wouldnt work and there was no visual on the screen :P thinking its a faulty gfx card will find out in a day or 2

ILoveYouToo

yeh well hes my RL friend and i tried helping him...

We couldnt find the cord for the sound speaker ( makes the beep ), but still the gfx card fan wouldnt work and there was no visual on the screen :P thinking its a faulty gfx card will find out in a day or 2[/b]
    your gfx card won't keep your computer from powering on. Most motherboards have onboard graphics they just suck. Might want to make sure your monitor is plugged into your graphics card and not your motherboard. Also make sure you have the right power connector for your motherboard. Your Power supply probably has a 20+4 pin connector and a 4+4 pin connector. Make sure that if your motherboard has a 24 pin power slot that you have the 20 +4 connector plugged in there. If it's just 20 you only need to plug in the 20 pin part. Should also have a 4 or 8 pin connector. Make sure you have either of the 4 pins plugged in or both if it's an 8 pin.