How to format c: if it can't be done

This is a discussion on How to format c: if it can't be done within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I have Windows Vista (real crap, I wanna get rid of it) on my latop and I also have Win ...
Page: 1

I have Windows Vista (real crap, I wanna get rid of it) on my latop and I also have Win XP Pro CD. It won't format c: at start up after it has loaded up setup files, gives error that there is no hard drive or something... tried many ways to format c:, none of them worked, a friend of mine who knows pc's didnt know also what to do. Any opinion? This Vista Home Premium was already installed when i bought this laptop.
    I know there is a cd that wipes out all data from hard disk in less than a minute and leaves no trace, I wouldn't want to use it since hdd is divided into c: and d: and i dont have that cd.

restart your comp, insert xp cd, select auto boot from cd in bios, boot it, delete partions, install windows

nk121

Actually what you did was you deleted the boot sectors also.

You need to go into the XP setup and instead of trying to install windows, choose R for Repair.

It will bring you to the command line interface, type in FIXBOOT. It will create a new boot sector.(this only needs to be done to laptops)

Install windows.

Actually what you did was you deleted the boot sectors also.

You need to go into the XP setup and instead of trying to install windows, choose R for Repair.

It will bring you to the command line interface, type in FIXBOOT. It will create a new boot sector.(this only needs to be done to laptops)

Install windows.[/b]
    so now he will have 2 windows's? xD

restart your comp, insert xp cd, select auto boot from cd in bios, boot it, delete partions, install windows [/b]
    I tried this first of all... after the cd autoboot it autmatically starts to unpack setup files. after that there are 2 options: install windows xp or quit from setup. by choosing install, it gives the error right away.

The same error i get if i try to install xp, this is attempt to 'repair'

bump

bazzeeka

gg ...... go to bio's change 1st 2nd 3rd boot device too all CDROMS , once this is done save to CMOS [Y] . Restart computer , press enter when it ask to boot from windows Xp cd , wait for the Setup to load , Press R = repair wait 5 seconds then type Safe Mode Admin pass if you have one! if not just press enter.. wat ever Vista is installed on type Format c: .

If not do the same but fix the boot sector and repeat steps too easy