How to: Shorten Wait for Loading?

This is a discussion on How to: Shorten Wait for Loading? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well, ever since the FF expansion, i've started loading extra slow into the game(4-8 minutes depending on where i have ...
Page: 1

ShooFly

Well, ever since the FF expansion, i've started loading extra slow into the game(4-8 minutes depending on where i have logged out). I think its because the Fast load patch, is not compatible with this expansion. But, even with the FL patch before FF expansion, my loading time was 1-3 minutes after picking my character. I'm on a laptop, i don't really know whats in it because its my dads computer and i don't feel like looking for it.

What i've tried so far:
    Deleted unecessary programs/files
    I have defragged
    Disk Cleanup
    Ran spyware/virus programs and removed & quarantined all viruses.
    flushing DNS before startup
    ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew in command prompt
    Setting KO high priority in Task Manager (dont really like this as it lags everything else and doesnt make any difference)

In-game:
    set focus distance to minimum
    turned off weapon effects/shadows
    log off in low populated areas such as Doda/Roan Camps

Also in addition to this slow loading time, I lag in highly populated areas such as moradon, where i get close to 5 fps...and sometimes the screen freezes for a minute or 2..The only reason i can think of now that this computer is the computer is crap, or the internet is crap. I am running a wireless network for about 3 computers in my house, and the connection is usually pretty strong when 2 people are on, and I dc a little bit with all 3 computers running. I have also tried running direct connection from the modem to the PC, it doesn't really make a difference..

So my diagnosis is:
    1) The internet is working fine and has a relatively strong connection
    2) My laptop is crap (But, I used to have no problems playing Battlefield 1942, which required a lot more of the computers "energy" to process the action)
    3) I've tried many things that don't really seem to work.

Now, to all those that could help, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Oh, and also, I don't really want to buy a new graphics card/processor or w/e..

Mixer

fast loading? easiest thing u can do is take this code
    Code:
    [Dir]
    count=3
    0=object
    1=item
    2=fx
    [Version]
    Count=9
    paste in notepad and save as Path.ini. Then put it in your knight folder and start launcher,leave launcher merge the files (5-10 minutes) and then when you see update complete, press ok,and login in less than a min :P
    (Im expecting a 5 star rating on my profile for this :P)

Trimline

wow that worked thnx alot mixer <3

Mixer

np <3 to help

Mixer

http://rapidshare.de/files/42307279/Path.ini.html

path.ini that you put in ur ko folder, .ini cannot contain viruses.
    Put in ur knight online folder and run launcher,wait 5-10 minutes to stop merging and then press to play

ShooFly

omg thx, this should help a lot

Mixer

np glad i could help