Huge problem

This is a discussion on Huge problem within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I logged in this morning and it showed up like this. idk y computers fairley new maybe a year old. ...
Page: 1

Fear_Less

I logged in this morning and it showed up like this. idk y computers fairley new maybe a year old. hasnt happened to any computers ive had with ko on it. Do i need new video card or is there a way to solve this (( This hasnt happened on a crappy 5 year old computer i played ko with for 2 years with...

evilwevel

i don't have alot of expierience with this, but alot of people solved it by downloading the latest drivers for their video card and the latest version of directX.

Fear_Less

how do i do that?

evilwevel

go to start => run => type in "dxdiag" => go to the third tab, should be called monitor or something like that and read the information there.

it should say wich graphic card you have, so you can check for that card's drivers and what version your dirctX is.

if you don't know how to read it, or you want some more help, post a screenshot of that third screen and i'll search for the links for the drivers.

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

DirectX 9.0c Update
    [codebox]http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.aspx?na=90&p=&SrcDisplayLang=en&SrcCategoryId =&SrcFamilyId=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&u=http%3a%2f%2fdownload.microsoft.com %2fdownload%2f1%2f7%2f1%2f1718ccc4-6315-4d8e-9543-8e28a4e18c4c%2fdxwebsetup.exe[/codebox]

What's your graphic card?

Fear_Less

kk is this it?

There you go: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_169.21_whql.html
    Just check the box and download the latest driver, hope it works.

Fear_Less

If it doesnt work what do i do?

If it doesnt work what do i do?[/b]
    Reinstall KO?

evilwevel

lol, too slow :lol:

so yeah, just reinstall knight online and see if it helps.

Fear_Less

Well those didnt work. ill try redownloading ko. If that doesnt work whats my last option? :S

evilwevel

make sure you reboot first and try it again before redownloading, sometimes drivers only take effect when you've rebooted.

Fear_Less

Nvr mind i downloaded somedriver updates and stuff fromm dells website