I am desperate for help.

This is a discussion on I am desperate for help. within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Sorry I post in the wrong section, but I don't care; I posted this in Tech Support and got no ...
Page: 1

OohYouTouchedMyTraLa

Default I am desperate for help.

Sorry I post in the wrong section, but I don't care; I posted this in Tech Support and got no replies yet, so:

Any advices? * * *
    Well here's my story, need some advice/help. *

After Xtrap was released, I have been experiencing many problems with the game. I scanned computer and found some suspicious programs so I decided to reformat the pc as a whole. *

And so I did. *

I had been having problems with the soundcard (wasnt getting any sounds at all), so a friend helped me reinstall the soundcard drivers. And after that, we did the videocard (I'm not 100% sure it's well now, since I didn't know if i had a 64 or 128 card). Anyway, *

I installed KO via an old installer I have kept (1624_04 ftw), got all the new patches, but now I get a different problem. I am able to see the MGames, K2Network and the "Presents, Knight Online" things when I load my game, but after that it just turns black. No sound, no graphics, nothing. All I can do is Alt+F4 it. *

Now, anyone knows any solution? *

Before I got that error, I was getting the D3D/videocard error, which is now fixed (I downloaded the directX program and "installed" my videocard drivers, not sure if the right ones tho). I was also getting the missing UIS_us.tbl file error, which I think I fixed (soemone sent it over to me via msn). *

Thanks.

evenson

Might wanna uninstall / install correct video card drivers.

Where the time goes fast, but everything is slow

Download the newest client maybe
    I remember that on lineage, i had that problem too. They changed the server version, and i was still able see all the apresentation, but got stucked on login screen .
    Dunno if this will help you, but worth a shot.

Inspectah Deck

1st thing you want to do is download the new version (1299) the game wont work without it it'll patch but some files will be missing
    http://www.download.com/Knight-Online/3000...tml?tag=lst-0-1

R34P3R_Magikz

could be firewall issue

Magelord1257

I have the same problem... Sometimes i do login, but then the screen goes black after less than 1 minute. I find it even more annoying how i am also paying for premium.

OohYouTouchedMyTraLa

Originally posted by Magelord1257
    I have the same problem... Sometimes i do login, but then the screen goes black after less than 1 minute. I find it even more annoying how i am also paying for premium.
    same, i've already lost like 2 weeks of prem time.

so i'll try and get the last version, dunno how yet, since im on dialup, but i'll figure it out.

Lammer

I had the same problem... the thing is the upload of patches. It seems that the launcher skips some patches (mine was 1298). What you can do is go to their ftp and download and install your self the patches. Don't forget to replace the launcher.

ftp://download.knightonlineworld.com/knight/upgrade/

Also another problem that I had after reinstalling the game was this stupid file. Replace it on your /Data folder if I'm not mistaken. (I'm at work can't verify)

http://rapidshare.de/files/20822479/UIs_us.tbl.html

Hope this helps