Cant patch ko

This is a discussion on Cant patch ko within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well dled ko again and tried patching but it first gave FTP OPEN FILE ERROR all the time. Then after ...
Page: 1

Default Cant patch ko

Well dled ko again and tried patching but it first gave FTP OPEN FILE ERROR all the time. Then after some tries it dled patch 1851 and 1852 but 5 minutes later my virus scanner removed them as trojan horses. Then I tried manually patching which has worked before but I cannot extract the patches in my ko folder, it allways says access denied (and yes im on a admin acc)

Ive also added ko to the allowed programs list of my virus scanner but that doesn't do anything either.

When I look at my server file in my folder it does say version 1852 tho.

Any ideas anyone?

Finally got it patched, had to restart launcher like 5 times for each patch tho.

But now it doesn't do anything anymore when I use the launcher
    Ive also checked the server file and it says:

[Server]
    Count=1
    IP0=loginko.knightonlineworld.com
    [Version]
    Files=1865
    [Join]
    Registration site=http://www.gamersfirst.com/knightonlineworld/?cid=KOL_Live_FileFront
    [IncludeExe]
    Files=1804
    Last=1862

I tried changing the 1804 files into 1865 but I cannot save it because it says access denied, did k2 put security on editing files or sumthing?

/Quit_Game Senior Member sonvicky's Avatar

If you're using the launcher and nothing happens when you press on start -> your antivirus removed the knightonline.exe

If you can't even get the launcher up... Just bypass it, the topic about it is pinned in this exact section.

Quote Originally Posted by sonvicky View Post
    If you're using the launcher and nothing happens when you press on start -> your antivirus removed the knightonline.exe

If you can't even get the launcher up... Just bypass it, the topic about it is pinned in this exact section.
    I can use the launcher, it just doesn't do anything after the screen pops up and after 10seconds it allways says ftp openfile error.

Tired skipping the launcher but its not the same as in the discription, I have no target line and I cannot change much about it. I'm running windows 7.

I do think I have alll patches now, just the launcher won't go "start"

download the ko file wanneer je virus helemaal afstaat, anders delete hij je pogramma, zoals devil zegt, is het dat niet?

Quote Originally Posted by Boeren View Post
    download the ko file wanneer je virus helemaal afstaat, anders delete hij je pogramma, zoals devil zegt, is het dat niet?
    The files have allready been downloaded, just one by one after many launcher restarts.
    Ive tried shutting down my scanner completely and then ran the launcher but it still said ftp openfile error.

Skipping the launcher also doesn't work

Go to your KO folder, and right click on the knightonline.exe, go to "Send To" and then Desktop(Create shortcut). After that, go to your desktop and right click on it.. you'll have the target line there.

gammeth

Hi, I run windows 7 and had the same ftp error. I dl patches from kok and then extract to a random folder. Extract over ko folder don't work. Once extracted copy files into correct ko folder and replace. Then open options in ko folder and update patch number. Then run ko as admin.... big hassle but worked for me...
    Last edited by gammeth; 04-11-2011 at 07:00 AM. Reason: spelling ooops

Quote Originally Posted by gammeth View Post
    Hi, I run windows 7 and had the same ftp error. I xp patches from kok and then extract to a random folder. Extract over ko folder don't work. Once extracted copy files into correct ko folder and replace. Then open options in ko folder and update patch number. Then run ko as admin.... big hassle but worked for me...

Yeh extracting into ko folder doesn't work but neither does copying stuff into it, allways says access denied. Believe me ive tried=/

Go to your KO folder, and right click on the knightonline.exe, go to "Send To" and then Desktop(Create shortcut). After that, go to your desktop and right click on it.. you'll have the target line there.

Ye got it, tried it and it just began dling patch 1856 with extract failed at the end=/

Got to log in now, got update completed with the gamersfirst launcher. rly strange.

Wow ko looks so diff lol.

Just gonna put this in.. You did what I told you on the launcher and NOT on the knightonline.exe because if you had.. It would NOT of have downloaded anything at all, the game would of been forced to launch.

Just gonna put this in.. You did what I told you on the launcher and NOT on the knightonline.exe because if you had.. It would NOT of have downloaded anything at all, the game would of been forced to launch.

Dont rlyunderstand u but I did change it on the shortcut launcher (which is an exe file ye)

But game works now so thanks anyways^^ TED xd

Aslong as it works for you... Whatever

and @TED remark... whatever.

The One And Only Senior Member

Download from main FTP of USKO this patchs that you need ,
    You can get inside the ftp by this link : ftp://download.knightonlineworld.com/knight/upgrade
    OR just go king of knight and download , in king of knight to some people it loading faster then the main ftp of ko,
    Anyway I hope that I helped you mate

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    08-18-2012, 06:33 AM