Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I need help finding a Gaming Laptop

This is a discussion on I need help finding a Gaming Laptop within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Currently, my only viable option is the Dell Studio 16 XPS but it has a horrible GPU for the laptops ...
Page: 1

Currently, my only viable option is the Dell Studio 16 XPS but it has a horrible GPU for the laptops price.

I am trying to find a laptop with a better GPU to handle upcoming games, if the laptop cannot handle StarCraft2 or Diablo3 then its pointless to buy since those two games will be great for many years most likely. The 16 XPS should be able to play those games on lower/medium settings at least but I would like a better GPU for other games aswell and buying a Dell/Alienware with a 9800GT or something costs far too much and I could save $1000 off another company.

Now the reason why I cannot buy from most other companies is the fact that I require the option of weekly/monthly/yearly payments without any of those "pay later" Credit Card options.

Basicly:
    I need a better Laptop than the "middle" Dell Studio 16 XPS
    I must have the option for a payment plan over an amount of time *Main Thing Here*
    Preferred Max Budget of $1200-1300 USD ($1500'ish CAD)
    Must be available in Canada
    No Credit Card "Pay Later" Stuff

Anybody able to help me out? I cannot find any companies who will sell me a Laptop with a payment plan.

[spoiler]Don't suggest getting a Desktop, I have a crazy Desktop already. I just gotta wait for the Motherboard which is taking a very long time to get. :blink: [/spoiler]

Not sure how Toshiba works in canada, but aside from alienware and other gaming laptop companies, they offer the best graphics options. For $1300 you should have no problem getting a decent toshiba with a good graphics chip.

evilwevel

i'd be surprised if you could find a laptop that answers all your requirements.

there are a few laptops that are good enough, but they're out of your price range and most shops don't support payment plans.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.a...amp;catid=25254

don't know if bestbuy supports payment plans

i bought my gaming laptop for 1100$ at bestbuy, top of the line specs
    problem is i MUCH rather game on my desktop

this is what i bought:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1218043606827

Intel® Core™2 Duo processor P8400
    4GB DDR3 memory
    17" WXGA high-definition widescreen TFT-LCD display
    320GB SATA hard drive (7200 rpm)
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS
    HDMI output
    1.3 MP camera

gaming laptops tend to be heavy and get kinda hot

i kinda wish ijust bought a 400-500$ laptop for travel and used the rest of my money to upgrade my pc

evilwevel

that's what most people do

in fact i even wish i didn't buy a laptop at all. i've bought myself a nice aspire one netbook and it does the same thing my laptop does, goes for 6 hours on battery while working on it and it only costs €399. and it only takes half the space of what my laptop would take.

I can't bring my desktop to work for 12 hours every night. :lol:

The only requirement for the specs would be that it must be able to play StarCraft2 and Diablo3 smoothly, since nobody outside of Blizzard has the "official" system requiremets I am unable to know how much juice that I need to run the game smoothly.

Battery is not important since i'l just plug it into the wall.

@Giga
    I'l buy that laptop off you for $900 if its in excellent shape, i'l pay you about 1/4 of the total price each month. Its one of the laptops that I was looking at earlier. :lol:

i still use it on weekends man
    otherwise you know i would

since you were looking at it let me point out a few things that might put you off of it
    -VISTA X_X
    - the battery sticks out of the back, very unusually
    - the left CTRL key is in a weird spot, if you play COD you will notice this very quickly
    - the arrow keys are tiny, if you play runescape you will notice this very quickly
    - its heavy, it gets pretty warm after long usage, and the fans are a bit loud (but its not a constant noise, just quick bursts of air every now and then)

i just bought an external keyboard (g15) and it fixed teh problems

other then that it runs games fine, good luck bro

edit: wow you replied really quickly

You can get a cheaper Laptop and spend the rest on desktop upgrades. :P

I have $375 USD on me right now.

Edit: hmmm (at your edit)

Edit2: If I can convince you to sell it to me, could I see some pictures/recordings of the laptop with the problems you mentioned?

thats the battery

ctrl key

arrows

WoW

Thats nothing to worry about. :P

Deeesssskkktttooooopppp uuuuuuuuupp..grades...aannnd a cheeaapppper laaaappptoooooppp.............. woooo0000o0o0ooooohooooo h34r:

Edit: those are small arrow buttons. :lol:

I have that mouse too ( MX518) it rulez... but i rather the razor krait, just bought it and i play like a cpl now :P

Banned

Some laptops come with a longer battery that sticks out from the end. You can probably buy a new battery that won't stick out, but it will have less capacity and gaming laptops eat power like they had a problem.

Battery and Laptop size/weight is not important, its easier to move around than a Full Tower Case/LCD Screen/Keyboard+Mouse.

I would keep it plugged in, whichever Laptop that I buy.

wawh

i got an asus m51sn
    quite nice, its now around 1k euros so 1200 dollars?
    no trouble so far, can play all games at high quality and high performance tho
    easy to change parts if needed

only problem so far is that battery dies out fast while playing and having some problem with my hard drive, makes some weird sounds lol

anyway,,,,, this laptop is worth buying if you want quality and perfomance together

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Laptops aint made for gaming. Only gg gaming laptops i know are alienware. Or dell gaming laptop.

Alienware is frgn expensive cus you pay like 30% for the name

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast