what to do

This is a discussion on what to do within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; what to do when i bring up ko it say cant create a d3d device please check DirectX or Display ...
Page: 1

Priest_Of_Darkness

what to do when i bring up ko it say cant create a d3d device please check DirectX or Display Card Driver

FattySin

Not computer expert but here's what I think is wrong..

Either you don't have the latest version of DirectX installed on your PC, or you don't have your Graphics Card drivers installed... Could be either, or both.

Hope that helps

Priest_Of_Darkness

Not computer expert but here's what I think is wrong..

Either you don't have the latest version of DirectX installed on your PC, or you don't have your Graphics Card drivers installed... Could be either, or both.

Hope that helps[/b]

how do i installed Graphics Card Driver

amcgc

you must find model name of your graphcis card -- eg. nvidia GeForce Go 7300.

Go onto manufacturers website and search for drivers for that device. download. install.

amcgc

im responding to ur PM here.

Right Click "My Computer" icon. Go properties. Hardware tab >> device manage,

Find tree "Display Adapters",, open it up and in there should be the name of your graphics card. post it here.

Priest_Of_Darkness

im responding to ur PM here.

Right Click "My Computer" icon. Go properties. Hardware tab >> device manage,
    Find tree "Display Adapters",, open it up and in there should be the name of your graphics card. post it here.[/b]
    is there any other way i can check

Speed

lol , i dont know of any other easier way to check what he said... its juts a few clicks away , dont think u cant do that

amcgc

there migth be label on the front of your PC or something which shows graphics card, but otherwise no - i dont know of any other easier way :huh:

Priest_Of_Darkness

there migth be label on the front of your PC or something which shows graphics card, but otherwise no - i dont know of any other easier way :huh:[/b]

i think this is what it is intel Pentium 4 Cpu 3.00GH z 2.99GHz 496 mb of Ram

Priest_Of_Darkness

help me

Matador

ummmm that is not your graphics card call the company who sold you your computer and ask them and 496 ram? wtf never heard of that i thought 512 ...

amcgc

You sure that was under the display adapters tree? :blink: :wacko:

That is the name of your CPU, we dont want that. We want the name of your graphics card so that we can check if you have the latest drivers for it installed.

New method, follow this:

Start >> Run >> dxdiag >> (if it asks u if it can connect to the internet, press yes) >> Display Tab >>

At the top left of this page will be a section called "Device", and within that the "Name: xxxxx" of your graphics card. copy that name here.

Also, while your there, Copy the "Main Driver" name which is under the Drivers section of that page.

-- once we have these we can check if your drivers are up-to-date and eleminate it from wot the possible problem is.

Banned

I have the same thing when i play counter-strike and then wanna log to Knight online... Just restart and it's fine