Installing Ke in slave hard drive

This is a discussion on Installing Ke in slave hard drive within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; My master hard drive is almost full (only 450mb left >_<) i uninstalled ke like a a week ago,tried reinstalling ...
Page: 1

Rocker911

Default Installing Ke in slave hard drive

My master hard drive is almost full (only 450mb left >_<) i uninstalled ke like a a week ago,tried reinstalling but something went wrong and i suddenty didnt have any space left to instal it.i Bought another hard drive to set it as slave tried installing ke in it but i get the message that theres no free space in C:/ it gives me the message in the reading package part of installation, so i thought the installer extracts the files to a temporary folder in C:/ so is there anyway to make the installer extracts these in my new drive(E:/)?

Goofy

first, clean up your first hard drive. you should have at least 5 gb free on the sys disk :P

second, when you install the client, it asks where you wanna install it . change C: to E:.

Tell me if it doesnt work

Rocker911

:wacko: as i said i only have 450mb on the first hard drive thats why i bought the other one, but i guess when extracting the contents of the installer it extracts them to a temp folder in C:/ i need that to be done in E:/

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Originally posted by Rocker911
    :wacko: as i said i only have 450mb on the first hard drive thats why i bought the other one, but i guess when extracting the contents of the installer it extracts them to a temp folder in C:/ *i need that to be done in E:/ *
    move files like music movies etc to the slave drive...itll clear up a lotta space

Rocker911

Thing is...the old hard drive is 4gb thats why my i bought the new one :P My dad messed up and instead of uninstalling some programs he deleted them so that space got lost...so one question, can i move Program files folder w/o making any dmg to them??

:lol: rocker rocker rocker :lol:

Rocker911

Can i cut and paste the program files or windows folder from the master to the slave drive w/o messing up anything or will it dmg somthing :wacko: ???

oncemore

Can i cut and paste *the program files or windows folder from the master to the slave drive w/o messing up anything or will it dmg somthing *:wacko: ???
    No that will screw up every program you have installed.

When you open a program, it searches for the root directory of where its installed.

Your PC will be trying to open, take internet explorer for example, from:

C:Program FilesInternet Explorer

when infact you cut and pasted it to E:Program FilesInternet Explorer.

The only way you can move program files is by uninstalling the program, and reinstalling the program on the new harddrive.

You can change the target of a program by going into the properties, but i don't think this would work for all programs, and it would be EXTREMELY tedious work.

You said its only 4gb harddrive, you can't exactly have that much installed on it...just backup important files to the new slave harddrive and format the master harddrive.

Rocker911

I dont have windows restore cd :unsure: ill try moving some programs and then changing the target to see how it goes...

oncemore

I dont have windows restore cd *:unsure: *ill try moving some programs and then changing the target to see how it goes...
    I don't recommend it

Rocker911

Thx for everyones help :wub:
    i found the folders of the deleted(not uninstalled) prgrams and finally could delete it :lol: