InstallShield Update Manager

This is a discussion on InstallShield Update Manager within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Wednesday I've installed Corel and Illustrator, and today I found a "Program Updater". I don't know for what is this ...
Page: 1

Cadence96

Wednesday I've installed Corel and Illustrator, and today I found a "Program Updater". I don't know for what is this program but I really don't need it. When I tried to remove I can not find it in "add/remove programs". There is an icon in Control Panel, but I can not uninstall it.

Is this program dangerous? How can I remove it?

Thanks.

Cadence96

Fixed.
    I discovered that this program came with Corel 13 and self-installed without notifying me.
    The joke part is that to uninstall it, the user must download the uninstaller. And that thing only disables it, never delete it from the system.
    That program isn't a trojan, but it really worked as a trojan.
    I only had to Restore System, bcz as it isn't a real trojan it can not survive the system restore.
    I read that this program also comes with other programs, so be aware.

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

Nowadays Program Update comes with many major programs such as iTunes, Adobe Programs(Adobe Reader, Photoshop) and such. In most cases, it will not allow you to uninstall it because it's part of the software. However, there are some fake ones which transfers personal information to 3rd parties.