Internet Troublez

This is a discussion on Internet Troublez within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Oh great ko4life...i beg to thee Please help me fix...my lame ass pc Well its not really my pc. I ...
Page: 1

KingSolomon

Oh great ko4life...i beg to thee
    Please help me fix...my lame ass pc

Well its not really my pc. I used to play via a direct dsl connection, but a couple days ago i bought a router and tried it out. And now my browsing speed is ok, just as it was before, buuuut...my downloads are fucked <_< . As well as ko. Everything is laggy as hell and my download speeds reflect that of a dial up connection. Im not running it wireless tho, im connecting to the router via cable.

I tried messing with the router settings and my pc but nothing seems to work. Oh and its not the amount of people using the network either, i get this problem reguardless of how many people, if any, are on.

Any suggestions?

Shimmy

Oh great ko4life...i beg to thee
    Please help me fix...my lame ass pc

Well its not really my pc. I used to play via a direct dsl connection, but a couple days ago i bought a router and tried it out. And now my browsing speed is ok, just as it was before, buuuut...my downloads are fucked <_< . As well as ko. Everything is laggy as hell and my download speeds reflect that of a dial up connection. Im not running it wireless tho, im connecting to the router via cable.

I tried messing with the router settings and my pc but nothing seems to work. Oh and its not the amount of people using the network either, i get this problem reguardless of how many people, if any, are on.

Any suggestions?[/b]
    is your router encrypted?

and could it be possible somone is downloading somthing using your wireless router?

I would suggest adding and encrpytion and seeing if this is any better.

bazzeeka

lol im ganna run down his street naked n flog his internet , ^^

How&#39;s your upload speed? slow or fast try upload a file if thats faster then your download speed there is a problem XD i suggest using ur old router why did u change?

runordie

Use this, www.speedtest.net

And post your results...

im in a car on the highway on a laptop on an AirCard and get 1000 download and 407 upload.