Ventrilo - peoples voice

This is a discussion on Ventrilo - peoples voice within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Any1 well known with Vent who can tell me how to reduce ppls bass, some of them are nice and ...
Page: 1

Thumbs up

Any1 well known with Vent who can tell me how to reduce ppls bass, some of them are nice and other when just push the button and speak makes my subwoofer work 2 much. All I want is to set up everybodys voice so that it wont have any bass - thats mainly.

Secondary: Is there any nice option to set up all ppls voice on same volume ? bcuz i cant hear some1, then another person got 2 much voice. The only option i know is to do it individually but it jsut reset when ppl change nick and there are 2 many users to do this ;S. There was a topic about it (somewhere in ko4life) tryed that but it didnt help also ppls were writing it dont work with new version vents.

Searched forum but didnt found anything about this.

And sorry for my english. I hope u guys understand what i mean.

Just a simple google search away with keywords "vent same volume" would give results. Anyways, regardless of your laziness, heres how:

- Go to Setup

- Enable Direct Sound

- Select the SFX Button

- Select Compressor and click Add.

- Under Compressor Properties use the following settings

- Gain = Adjust for how loud you want people to be. (I use 15)

- Attack = 0.01

- Release = 500

- Threshold = -30

- Ratio = 100

- Pre delay = 4.0

Wooh it helps a lot thx.

Now left only a issue with 2 much bass of some ppls.

evilwevel

it has to do with their microphone and their settings, just nag to those people to change settings until it sounds good.

There are so many vent option when u press on user ant take special effect there is no chance to do it from my side ? like u can individually set up ppls voice.

evilwevel

a lot depends on the quality of their microphone. i always use teamspeak so i don't know what options vent has. complaining about it will probably be the easier solution. and it will help everyone else as well (since they won't hear the bass anymore as well)

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

best option would be to get a headset :P Then you don't annoy people with echo and as it doesn't come through your main speakers, the bass won't hit your sub

best option would be to get a headset :P Then you don't annoy people with echo and as it doesn't come through your main speakers, the bass won't hit your sub[/b]
    there is no reason for me to use any headset bucz there is a bass still (smaller but it is), and wearing headset makes me tired, I always play with a normal mic and a speakers and there is no problem with annoying echo, its all up to a perfect configuartio, many ppl makes echo even with a headset