Problem with a keyboard

This is a discussion on Problem with a keyboard within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Thought I'd jump by as i rec alled there's a tech support section here. Anyw ay, about a week ago ...
Page: 1

Default Problem with a keyboard

Thought I'd jump by as i recalled there's a tech support section here. Anyway, about a week ago I shut down my laptop and when I opened it again the letter "a" didn't work, and it still doesn't. Now every time I open my laptop and start to write something it will spam "a" like it was pressed down. I took the button away to see if it's stuck or so but everything seems perfectly fine. Also, I'm pretty sure I haven't spilled any liquid or some sort on my keyboard and there's no crap underneath it. I have no explanation why it doesn't work anymore. I've got acer 3820T, by the way. I don't really feel like spending about 160€ for new keyboard. Any ideas, suggestions?

SkyLinevsSupra

I never have had tjat issue...seems like it may be bugged

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLinevsSupra View Post
    I never have had tjat issue...seems like it may be bugged
    do you use hybernate ? which OS ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vallo_O View Post
    Thought I'd jump by as i recalled there's a tech support section here. Anyway, about a week ago I shut down my laptop and when I opened it again the letter "a" didn't work, and it still doesn't. Now every time I open my laptop and start to write something it will spam "a" like it was pressed down. I took the button away to see if it's stuck or so but everything seems perfectly fine. Also, I'm pretty sure I haven't spilled any liquid or some sort on my keyboard and there's no crap underneath it. I have no explanation why it doesn't work anymore. I've got acer 3820T, by the way. I don't really feel like spending about 160€ for new keyboard. Any ideas, suggestions?
    and also it happens only on hybernate restore or also after full shutdown/shutup ?

Mes

instal new android maybe u dont have multi touch xD!!!

I'm running Windows 7 and this happened when I normally shut down my laptop. Also, every time I start my laptop the screen comes up with the choice of what OS I'd like to run(Windows 7 for my case, never had installed 2 systems nor ran any other OS). Need to mention that my alt+tab doesn't work either.. No ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Vallo_O View Post
    I'm running Windows 7 and this happened when I normally shut down my laptop. Also, every time I start my laptop the screen comes up with the choice of what OS I'd like to run(Windows 7 for my case, never had installed 2 systems nor ran any other OS). Need to mention that my alt+tab doesn't work either.. No ideas?
    Hmm...ill suggest to try reinstall completly windows after full disk format.

-it will repair your booting choices (ofc this can be repaired w/o reinstall)
    -you wil have clean win instalation and if ur keyboard will not be still ok....than its hardware problem..you can be 100% sure...

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Download spyware
    Scan
    Might help, as I noticed few things which didn't work for me when my pc was full of viruses and spyware and god knows what else

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBringer View Post
    Download spyware
    Scan
    Might help, as I noticed few things which didn't work for me when my pc was full of viruses and spyware and god knows what else
    ive never seen spyware/virus that makes spam some key, dissables some keys, makes multiboot....
    well....but....if i didnt saw it that doesnt mean it doesnt exist :P
    its worth of try.
    I guessed you use some antivir - so this reason was out of way...