Japan KO, garbled text problem, and cant sell to merchants

This is a discussion on Japan KO, garbled text problem, and cant sell to merchants within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hey, anybody ever play Japan KO? As soon as i start the game all the text is garbled like not ...
Page: 1

Default Japan KO, garbled text problem, and cant sell to merchants

Hey, anybody ever play Japan KO? As soon as i start the game all the text is garbled like not Japanese, just symbols like @#$@#$ sort of.

All japanese websites work fine, i can type japanese normally , just is messed when i get in the game. Wondering if the font is messed up, or if i dont have it on my comp or what.

Also, in game i can;t sell stuff to merchant for some reason. like cant sell garbage to potions or sundreis, i can set up merch tho.

I am using Jap ip to get into the game, dunno if thats messing with the merchant.

Any ideas? I switched up a bunch of the files to English so it actually shows all the weapons and stuff in English, but anything written in chat in Japanese or anything else in the game is not readable.

Cheers

well i think u just answered urself lol , w.e i got a japanese neighbor ,he's used to play maple and some japaneses games ,when am at his home all i can see on his computer are those symbols that u mentioned before ... mainly "??#??????#???" or something like that not sure if its his language or his game-language lulz.

ok i fixed the merchant problem, there is a box that appears where u enter your own secret code twice, and then verify again so that the game allows u to trade.

Now just the characters are messed up.. PS they were messed up before i started switching in US files, so i dunno wtf is going on with that.

MrGreen

im interested in playing japko as well, can i ask what program/vpn you use to mask your ip? and is it free? thanks.

Company is softether. program is packetix. for japanese VPN. its free.

MrGreen

Quote Originally Posted by Migit View Post
    Company is softether. program is packetix. for japanese VPN. its free.
    thanks man ill try it out, btw are u having lag issues? cause most of free vpns are slow and unreliable.

log into vpn, then u launch game from site, (once u got ur yahoo login sorted) then when launcher appears update complete, just turn off the VPN, u just need it to open the launcher.

MrGreen

log into vpn, then u launch game from site, (once u got ur yahoo login sorted) then when launcher appears update complete, just turn off the VPN, u just need it to open the launcher.
    thanks man, and i think the japanese characters came from packetfix, i think i installed the japanese language pack when i installed packetfix.

hey u on jpko, pm me on Brew if u are, or anyone else

MrGreen

hey u on jpko, pm me on Brew if u are, or anyone else
    i cant create an account, there was a guide on how to create an account before but i cant find it. and their website seems to be different now as well.