Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just a noob TIP about getting hacked.

This is a discussion on Just a noob TIP about getting hacked. within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; There is a program named BF (not gonna say the full name cuz more ppl will get hacked) that u ...
Page: 1

tom

Default Just a noob TIP about getting hacked.

There is a program named BF (not gonna say the full name cuz more ppl will get hacked) that u just enter the char ID and its finds the password in a few hours. if you dont want your char to get hacked put all kind of stuff in your password like- -------________ 0O etc.. if u put a password like-

ShikZ0r_O0hB00 there is 0% chance that ppl that use BF will hack you, password like- 190432104 or adsaopdjwafunoa all those stuff dosent matter how much numbers or latters u put thay will still find your password in 2-3 hours.

hope im right devil festo or any one currect me if im wrong :P

king arthur

go find out :P

tom

when my char got hacked i didnt know shit about that stupid BF and i didnt put any caps or -----____ in my PW and every time i got roll back i got hacked again and than my friend told me about BF so i did a PW with all those stuff and the hacker didnt go on my char even once -_-

tom

bump

I would of thought k2 have a proventitive measure to stop so many pw attempts ie IP ban for xx hours. If theres 500 possible combinations for that certain password and k2 block your ip every say 10 attempts for 2 hrs its gonna take you a long ass time to get the password unless you design the software a certain way but not gonna go into that. All you need to do is have a secure password with alternating uppercase and lowercase letters and it will be too hard for them to get

My pass/es on all my acc's are so damn easy yet I never got hacked yet :

Also my secret answer/question is even easier and anyone can guess it w/o any gay programs <_<

BF means BruteForce i guess. Well, thats a well known tactic to crack passwords. Dunno if there's actually a program called that way, but still, the chance of doing this is very remote.

To start with, hacker needs to know your userid. If he doesnt, then forget this. If he does, unless your password is 123456 or a dictionary world, will take CENTURIES to crack your password using bruteforce.

Best thing u can do is always pick the max lenght username with alphanumeric characters and same for the password. 12 characters accountid plus 12 characters password means u wont get hacked ever by bruteforce cracking.

Most hacking aren't done through this old method but actually security issues.

Phosgene

give me a break...Brute Force can hardly "hack" ICQ's and MSN accounts...
    and those certianly have easier passwords then a KOL account...
    Brute Force is a program for lame 12 years old kids that cant even ping a website .

Arphetic

Ill give it a tip on my pwd...

It is 8 characters * that was max right * containing 2 numbers 4 signs nd 2 special symbols...

wont be cracked in a few hours...

__countess__

If you had the password file locally on your hard disk (in this case if you had the database) it would take hours to crack an alphanumeric password. BF'ing on a remote machine is just 'impossible', prolly because you'll get blocked by active firewalls for requesting so many connections, or your connection will eventually die, and even if none of these happen you would have to wait days for a password to be cracked and that's if the user didn't change it for all this time :P

they need to know ur id

just find an id that have nothing to do with :
    1) ur char name
    2) ur real name
    3) ur email or something

ex : put an id like 1215487 , im allmost sure you will never get hacked , exept the case of a db hack , which u cant prevent anyway

tom

well the guy that hacked me said he just downlaoded brute force enterd my ID waited a few hours and the next thing is me naked

Flemming

Originally posted by tom
    well the guy that hacked me said he just downlaoded brute force enterd my ID waited a few hours and the next thing is me naked
    first of all, he SAID he bruteforced ur pw

second of all, if it only took him a few hours what kind of a pass did u use? aaabbc ?

i laughed so hard when i wrote ur post :lol:

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Brute Force exists everywhere, not just KO. People have passwords lists that are frequently passed around (I have about 40 of them from AOL account cracking :unsure: ). It's just a way for people to try thousands of combinations at once.

The one way K2 combats this, though, is their slow database response time o.o;

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Brute force only really works against weak passwords. Knowing that most KO players are male and aged 13-25 they target specific passwords which people in that demographic are more likely to use. So don't pick names from your favourite TV shows or movies, chances are they are high on the list. Don't use swear words, or 1337ified swear words, they too will be high on the list. Same goes for a whole bunch of plain english words.

I work for Cisco Systems, and they make these recommendations for passwords:

Passwords must:
    - Contain at least three of the following four types of characters:
    * upper case characters (e.g. A-Z)
    * lower case characters (e.g. a-z)
    * digits (e.g. 0-9)
    * "special" characters (e.g. !$%^&*()_+|~-=`{}[]:";'<>?,./)
    - Be at least eight alphanumeric characters long.
    - Not be a word in any language, slang, dialect, jargon, etc.
    - Not be based on personal information, names of family, etc.

EXAMPLES:
    3bm,chtr -derived from "three blind mice, see how they run"
    cnw84Fri -derived from "cannot wait for Friday"
    !crE8vpw -derived from "(not) creative password"
    If2CoM18 -derived from "I flew to Cincinatti on May 18th"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast