KERNEL32.dll.

This is a discussion on KERNEL32.dll. within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; My old computer crashed and I've had to piece together another one. I've downloaded Fire Drake but, I'm getting this ...
Page: 1

BoBearXM

Default KERNEL32.dll.

My old computer crashed and I've had to piece together another one. I've downloaded Fire Drake but, I'm getting this error:
    The procedure entry point MakeCriticalSectionGlobal could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this thing running?

ps. I'm running Windows2000

Bob

First of all, you wont enjoy playing on a win2k platform. Install win98 instead if your system can't handle WinXP.

Was windows installed before you "piece together" the PC ?

BoBearXM

Windows2000 is the only OS I have ....

Thanks for the reply

Bob

Try google next time. Here's what I found:

Code:
    SYMPTOMS

While installing, launching, or using features in a Windows 95 or Windows 98 application under Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000, the following error message appears: Program.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The procedure entry point SomeProcedureName could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll. 

Program.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The procedure entry point SomeProcedureName could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll. 

CAUSE

The application is misinterpreting the operating system version and is trying to call a procedure in the Windows 95 or Windows 98 version of the Dynamic Link Library (DLL) that is unavailable in Windows NT version 4.0 or Windows 2000. 

What I suggest is that you download and install the latest updates for Windows and try the direct x again.
    So basicly: windowsupdate and try updating directx

BoBearXM

Good job!!!

I'll give that a try

Thanks a bunch! =)