Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Knight Online 100% CPU Usage?

This is a discussion on Knight Online 100% CPU Usage? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; yeah it takes 100% of one core. Only thing you can do about it is buying dual or quad core ...
Page: 2

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

yeah it takes 100% of one core. Only thing you can do about it is buying dual or quad core :P. Setting low priority will make you go game crash soon. Atleast my pc does..

HastaLaVista

Its not 100% for me... Just about 40/50%+
    And my PC isnt that new/good....
    Didnt checked the % at the moment when iam connecting to server.

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

Do this if you like your game to run like shit.[/b]
    Care to elaborate? I always run my client on low priority and it hasn't crushed once... Some people such as my who constant alt+tab and open up FireFox or other softwares it's almost a must.

P.S. Knight Online's system requirements are so little that an ancient computer can even run it...

P.S. Knight Online's system requirements are so little that an ancient computer can even run it...[/b]
    My ancient pc could run it but it lagged so bad h34r: Had like 5 fps <3 dual core

IsgurosBous

50-60% with FF, WMP opened (PIV 3.0GHz HT)

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

This is what I get with

the proof

note : Friends been using my char so not my ghay skill bar

50% with msn / internet open

evilwevel

35 % with winamp, google chrome, rocketDock and KO

and some other random crap programs running in the background (msn, steam, the usual).

so 100% is pretty high when you&#39;re only playing KO.

mammlea2

why do u erase my post ? did i get warned for this or what

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

why do u erase my post ? did i get warned for this or what[/b]
    He took your advice and blacked out the IP.

mindcrack

This is what I get with

the proof

note : Friends been using my char so not my ghay skill bar[/b]
    click on performance tab, wait 3 mins, and i wanna see if 1 cpu isnt 100% most of the time, i belive it is, while the other is only 10% or a bit more depending waht you do...., and so is all whit who sayed they run under 100% u propably have dual core, and the 60% waht u sayed comes from example
    [100%(ko) + 20%(media player)] / 2 = 60%

and you have 2 quad means u have 27%, however 2 quad means something more than just 2 cores, so i cant calculate that...

Knight online dosent support being runned by multiple cores so you cant have a all equal %

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

why do u erase my post ? did i get warned for this or what[/b]
    If I warned you for pointing soemthing out you wouldn&#39;t be able to post now would you?

I deleated it because I blocked it and your post had no realivance once I had altered it.

Now Cailm down before I do get upset

click on performance tab, wait 3 mins, and i wanna see if 1 cpu isnt 100% most of the time, i belive it is, while the other is only 10% or a bit more depending waht you do...., and so is all whit who sayed they run under 100% u propably have dual core, and the 60% waht u sayed comes from example
    [100%(ko) + 20%(media player)] / 2 = 60%

and you have 2 quad means u have 27%, however 2 quad means something more than just 2 cores, so i cant calculate that...

Knight online dosent support being runned by multiple cores so you cant have a all equal %[/b]
    my CPU was peaking at 32% during checks. On my P4 it use to cause 100% alot , and I think this pc with 32bit vista was runnign higher. I found the 64bit has made alot of things run at a lower demand.

Also my pc is running on directX 10 drivers might help

Banned Senior Member

also the fact it&#39;s a quad core will help alot, only single core PCs get the 100%

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

Thats some sick machine felix. It already has been said that it uses 100 % of one core, therefore if you have quad core it will use 25% max (100/4 = 25). If you have dual core it will use 50% and single core (old computers) will take 100%.

However I am kinda curious about those people who say they can run Ko on low priority, coz whenever I try this, game goes crash sooner or later. And its same when I try to run on low priority something else it usually crashes not even that aplication, but KO and other things too. Anyone have same problems or is it just me ?

earlier mine was running on 30 - 40%.. now its running on 40 - 50% an i got intel dual core 3.0 E8400

Would a quad really make it run 25%? because i thought the quad only came in use understress.. other wise it was just dual.. quads waste of money anyway imo :P dont need it unless video editing or somthin :S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast