KnightOnline.exe Application Error

This is a discussion on KnightOnline.exe Application Error within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; After Selecting Character and screen goes black, comes up with this error: [IMG] [/IMG]...
Page: 1

Default KnightOnline.exe Application Error

After Selecting Character and screen goes black, comes up with this error:

[IMG][/IMG]

So a BUMP and an update:

Have been working tirelessly to try to resolve this issue, and still no luck. I have reinstalled several times (the latest time i manually unzipped and installed every single patch from 1801 all the way to 1914) BTW has anyone else noticed patch 1809 containing malware?

I have reinstalled the registry files for .exe manually through cmd.

All temp files have been deleted.

I have run FULL system scan in Norton 360 and nothing was found other than a Heuristic Virus (basically a file that it is unsure of and just quarantines to keep it safe).

SO: the client runs perfectly through the updates, login process, server select, all the way to character select. Once there, after i select character and the animation of the character moving towards the screen finishes, I get the .exe Application Error stating that "The instruction at 0x77673ab3 referenced memory at 0x00000013. The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program." I am at a crossroads where i now do not know how to proceed. The error used to occur only every other time i tried to login or so, but now it happens every single time. I read somewhere that maybe I have faulty memory?

As far as my computer rig: built one month ago.
    Intel i5-3570k Ivy Bridge Processor
    Asus p8z77v-deluxe motherboard
    OCZ Vertex 240gb Solid State Drive
    Corsair Vengeance 16gb (2x8gb) memory
    Nvidea gtx670 graphics card

It has had 0 issues other than this since i first booted it up nearly one month ago. If it is faulty memory, I need to know within a few days so i can get an RMA to get new parts issued!!!!

Please help me, someone, anyone!!!!

LEJ
    Banned Senior Member

got ''same'' error.. only at me it says knight online client does not work anymore. didnt try usko , but at private servers this is my issue, i suggest formating pc, which im gonna do too

MadMan Senior Member SacredHealDane's Avatar

I would say this isnt ur client that crashing but the windows files are corrupt, you'll need to format it cause files cannot be changed.

Wow i just totally formatted my C: drive and reinstalled Windows and ran the client off a usb stick and the same thing happened, only with the number changed a bit...

Any other ideas???

MadMan Senior Member SacredHealDane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Wow i just totally formatted my C: drive and reinstalled Windows and ran the client off a usb stick and the same thing happened, only with the number changed a bit...

Any other ideas???
    Idk then.
    Try changing the version of the windows.

This is the fix that worked for me. Although it is not a permanent fix because MGame has to fix this issue on their end. It cannot be due to your computer because you are not the only who is having this issue and a sudden surge in the exact same issue for hundreds of people is a fault that MGame has to accept for terrible coding.

My suggestion to fix this error.
    Go to "Start" > Click "Run" > Open up System Configuration by typing "msconfig" and press Enter.

Click the "Startup" tab and uncheck all unnecessary programs. This would mean uncheck MSN, iTunes, Dropbox, uTorrent and whatever else starts up when you boot up your PC.

Then Press "Apply" and press "OK". Then it will ask you to reboot your computer. Go ahead and reboot. Once you have finished rebooting, don't bother opening other programs such as your browser like Firefox and Chrome, VOIP programs like Ventrilo or Teamspeak, IM programs like as MSN, Yahoo Messenger, etc. You get the point. Just open up KO and log in.

This should work for you. Also, there are a few people who have suggested that leaving your character stand alone for a few seconds at the Character selection screen. Not sure if this helps but I guess it takes less time than reformatting your entire comp or even reinstalling KO all over again so go ahead and give it a try. Also, I heard that it might help if your character is NOT in Moradon. I have not tested any of these suggestions but like I said, couldn't hurt to try. If you stay in game for longer than 15 mins or so, you are now safe to open your browser, voip programs, IM programs, etc now. However, if you are lazy like me and don't turn off your computer for 4-5 days straight, this crap will pop back up again. But lucky for you, all you'll have to do this time is to shut down for a few mins and start up without other programs and you should be good as new.

I know I've rambled on long enough so go ahead and try and hopefully my suggestions can help some people out there....unlike the MGame coders :P

SOOOO,

i ended up totally formatting C drive and reinstalling Window 7. then errors continued until i switch compatibility mode from WindowsXP->Windows2000. now it works perfectly, so glad it's not a hardware issue!!!

/Close =]