Knights on laptop

This is a discussion on Knights on laptop within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; When i play Knights on a laptop i have atm, the comp just dies after a few min, dont know ...
Page: 1

Rizzla

Default Knights on laptop

When i play Knights on a laptop i have atm, the comp just dies after a few min, dont know if it is just knights because its the only game i have played on it sofar as it isn't my comp. I have the cord in, and dont use the battery, but when it dies the battery lamp blinks red as if it wasn't any battery left, eventho i use the cord.
    Maybe not the right place to ask, just wondering if anyone experienced the same.

Robs0n

my friend have the same problem with OblivioN game .... he told its graphic card he can't take taht game. U can have same problem ure laptop is not enought strenght to this game

Rizzla

Originally posted by Robs0n
    my friend have the same problem with OblivioN game .... he told its graphic card he can't take taht game. U can have same problem ure laptop is not enought strenght to this game
    Thank you, but the problem is, i played Knights on it before without any problem at all, but now all of a sudden the comp decides to die on me everytime wich is abit annoying since thats the only thing i can play atm!

Banned

Blow the fans, and make an airflow underneath by putting stuff under the laptop (at least on one side), the fans may be overheating, and because more power is being used by knights, it can't take it

Rizzla

Originally posted by Conin
    Blow the fans, and make an airflow underneath by putting stuff under the laptop (at least on one side), the fans may be overheating, and because more power is being used by knights, it can't take it
    Thank you will try that!

xourico

format it??? ^_^ it always work for me :rollseyes:

Rizzla

Originally posted by xourico
    format it??? *^_^ it always work for me *:rollseyes:
    Would probably work, but since it's not my comp i can't really do that :s and btw, to format is the most boring thing to do, altho you need it once in awhile

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

You can make sure the laptop is taking power from the mains and not the battery by powering off, removing the battery, plugging it in to mains and playing. I had to do this on an old laptop that had a funked up battery.

hej

DONT PLAY GAMES ON laptop computers, they are not build for it!!!!!!!!

If you play 30min or so its ok but longer than that and they cant remove the heat, feel on it were the CPU and grafic card is.

Obviously you can put it on something and have fans that blows on it but why have a laptop then.

Conclusions, if you’re going to play many games and long time get a regular computer.

Hypnos

I vote for looking in your laptop's manual, and seeing what that type of warning means. It may very well mean overheating.

Banned

Originally posted by hej
    DONT PLAY GAMES ON laptop computers, they are not build for it!!!!!!!!

If you play 30min or so its ok but longer than that and they cant remove the heat, feel on it were the CPU and grafic card is.

Obviously you can put it on something and have fans that blows on it but why have a laptop then.

Conclusions, if you’re going to play many games and long time get a regular computer.
    +1

I've had my laptop for about a 1 1/4 years now, and it conked out on me, although I did play games on it all the time (HL2, KO, BF2 etc)

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Yeah it depends on the laptop, I play KO for many hours at a time on laptops and have no problems.

hej

No laptop is made for it, take Sandra 2005 from SiSoftware and set it to run Burn-in Wizard, select only CPU, run Priority: Normal and Run continuously, then let it run so for 2-3h.

Clerice

Default Re: Knights on laptop

Originally posted by Rizzla
    When i play Knights on a laptop i have atm, the comp just dies after a few min, dont know if it is just knights because its the only game i have played on it sofar as it isn't my comp. I have the cord in, and dont use the battery, but when it dies the battery lamp blinks red as if it wasn't any battery left, eventho i use the cord.
    Maybe not the right place to ask, just wondering if anyone experienced the same.
    I had the same problem. My computer just shut down. I went down to tech support and they told me it was overheating. So what they did was use compressed air and blew all the dust out. It works perfectly now!!! All i have to do is use compressed air every once in a while where the hot air come out.

Hope this helps!!