KO closes after xtrap dowloads

This is a discussion on KO closes after xtrap dowloads within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; any help? i use avg, but ive tried closing it and opening ko and even with avg running i tired ...
Page: 1

abdeucethree

any help?

i use avg, but ive tried closing it and opening ko and even with avg running i tired opening ko and still nothing

firewall is off, and i delete the xtrap folder

ive reinstalled and manually downloaded the patches and i still get this problem

need some help, thanks

abdeucethree

any one?

i dont know about avg, but i had same problem with zonealarm antivirus. the thing is even after u close antivirus, it still treats xtrap as virus and silently removes it. heres what i did: find the place where u turn off automatic treatment and set it to manual so u can set 'ignore always' to that file that antivirus thinks thats virus. i know it was too long sentence but this should work. worked for me atleast.

Banned

try disabling all av software

abdeucethree

i dont know about avg, but i had same problem with zonealarm antivirus. the thing is even after u close antivirus, it still treats xtrap as virus and silently removes it. heres what i did: find the place where u turn off automatic treatment and set it to manual so u can set 'ignore always' to that file that antivirus thinks thats virus. i know it was too long sentence but this should work. worked for me atleast.[/b]
    when i try opening with avg i get the window that asks ignore/heal/quarantine and ive pressed each one to see what happens and none work

try disabling all av software[/b]
    any help?

i use avg, but ive tried closing it and opening ko and even with avg running i tired opening ko and still nothing

firewall is off, and i delete the xtrap folder

ive reinstalled and manually downloaded the patches and i still get this problem

need some help, thanks[/b]
    ive ended all avg processes as well from task manager

i had this problem in the past.
    if i do remember right, you have nothing to do. only to format your computer.

disrespect

i had this problem in the past.
    if i do remember right, you have nothing to do. only to format your computer.[/b]
    Not really..
    Uninstall AVG & Install NOD32 = Solved! I didn't have to reformat my computer.
    Good luck!

Oh yeah, and after uninstalling AVG, reboot your comp and make sure all the folders etc is gone before you install NOD

yea uninstall avg

abdeucethree

uninstall avg worked, but now im getting invalid data table error before i get to login screen lol -.-

disrespect

No idea about that :/

I had the same problem with AVG. You only have to disable Resident shield before starting KO and problem solved. Oh and check the list of threats that AVG stored and if xtrap is in it remove it from the list. Thats all. h34r:

Hey cutie Senior Member

uninsatall avg
    thats what i did

working fine now baby

abdeucethree

uninsatall avg
    thats what i did

working fine now baby[/b]
    yeah did that but i got the data table error [check my other topic]

aero

i dont know about avg, but i had same problem with zonealarm antivirus. the thing is even after u close antivirus, it still treats xtrap as virus and silently removes it. heres what i did: find the place where u turn off automatic treatment and set it to manual so u can set 'ignore always' to that file that antivirus thinks thats virus. i know it was too long sentence but this should work. worked for me atleast.[/b]
    got the same problem but I cant find where to turn off automatic treatment thingy <_<

edit: nvm fixed it