Need a Good Firewall

This is a discussion on Need a Good Firewall within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I know this isn't really related to KO, but I'm having a hell of a time finding a gg free ...
Page: 1

Banned

I know this isn't really related to KO, but I'm having a hell of a time finding a gg free firewall for Vista 64 Ult. I had ZA, but i cant seem to find a free version that works with this shit. Some1 told me Panda made a decent one but I cant get it to install. -.-

Any ideas?

evilwevel

you could get a cracked version of whatever software you want or you could try ashampoo. i've heard quite good comments about ashampoo from people that use X64 versions of vista. i'm not 100% sure if they have a free version =/ just check out their site

Big Gizzle Senior Member Disturbed's Avatar

I have a ton of ashampoo products and haven't had any probs.. All legal products btw!! They give out their stuff for free sometimes or make insanely low prices.. I know zone alarm and a few other free ones, but not sure if they are compatible with 64x.. I was think of getting Vista 64x, you have a lot of compatibility issues? I haven't done a lot of homework on Vista.. I still have xp pro 32x lol..

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

AVG works pretty well with 64bit and even supports Windows 7. Besides their antivir being utter crap, the firewall is somewhat decent.

neji

I use COMODO Firewall
    works perfect on my Vista 64 bit OS

ZA supports x64 too... if u really want it, u can get it easily or just buy it, imo its very good...

ZA supports x64 too... if u really want it, u can get it easily or just buy it, imo its very good...[/b]
    Wouldnt reccomend ZA even if my life depended on it....its so good that it screws you over, its like that movie where the super-computer took over the familys life...lol. It will block you out.

BitDefender has the best antivirus+firewall set. You dont want to find yourself in a situation where you are locked out.

Once you get ZA you can fully get rid of it ONLY with a format...

Banned

I have a ton of ashampoo products and haven't had any probs.. All legal products btw!! They give out their stuff for free sometimes or make insanely low prices.. I know zone alarm and a few other free ones, but not sure if they are compatible with 64x.. I was think of getting Vista 64x, you have a lot of compatibility issues? I haven't done a lot of homework on Vista.. I still have xp pro 32x lol..[/b]
    I have had some compatibility issues, but the issues are more annoying then anything else. Just upgrading from XP 32 is a pain because you have to get all new drivers, and download different versions of alot of programs. I had to with diskeeper, CoD4
    cuz i downloaded from Direct2Drive and shit like that. Other then that, as long as u update to at least svc pack 1, it works pretty good.

AVG works pretty well with 64bit and even supports Windows 7. Besides their antivir being utter crap, the firewall is somewhat decent.[/b]
    can u find me a link for the freeware firewall? The only one I can find doesn't say it supports Vista 64.

I use COMODO Firewall
    works perfect on my Vista 64 bit OS[/b]
    Freeware? I'll look into it if it is.

Wouldnt reccomend ZA even if my life depended on it....its so good that it screws you over, its like that movie where the super-computer took over the familys life...lol. It will block you out.
    BitDefender has the best antivirus+firewall set. You dont want to find yourself in a situation where you are locked out.

Once you get ZA you can fully get rid of it ONLY with a format...[/b]
    That just sounds scary

trance addict Senior Member sommarblond's Avatar

Outpost Firewall Pro. It's the best firewall ive used.

That just sounds scary[/b]
    If you get a virus which deletes some system files + the files that enable wifi/high speed lan and your firewall locks you out + you got no second pc then your gonna be really frustrated.

Its not that easy to take control of a PC which has a basic firewall.