KO pausing every 4 seconds

This is a discussion on KO pausing every 4 seconds within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; As the topic says... It happens even with KO lowest settings. No virus, no trojan. Good connection. Good mouse. Good ...
Page: 1

Cadence96

As the topic says...

It happens even with KO lowest settings.
    No virus, no trojan.
    Good connection.
    Good mouse.
    Good evening
    etc.

Dual thanks in advance....

007_heal

When you run KO, press control alt delete. That pops up Task manager, in this see what process is using the most CPU.

is the HD light ticking like crazy ?

Cadence96

When you run KO, press control alt delete. That pops up Task manager, in this see what process is using the most CPU.[/b]
    Well KO.exe is using the most. Then there is no one close to it. The CPU usage goes from 23% to 53%.

is the HD light ticking like crazy ?[/b]
    Yes when not pausing. While KO freezes this light stays on.

Well KO.exe is using the most. Then there is no one close to it. The CPU usage goes from 23% to 53%.

Yes when not pausing. While KO freezes this light stays on.[/b]
    I had that a while ago, only format C: worked out for me.

Try to defrag your HD first though.

mjollner

tried reinstalling it? (ko that is, otherwise try a defrag, and maybe update gcard drivers)

FisherySociety

I personally have a feeling its your memory, I am going to take a random stab in the dark that its from a name brand manufacturer. The ram is only at 512mb and is most likely causing ko to freeze and lag. I would recommend upgrading your memory to ddr2 at 666mhz or 800mhz at 1 gig or higher if all else fails.

Cadence96

I personally have a feeling its your memory, I am going to take a random stab in the dark that its from a name brand manufacturer. The ram is only at 512mb and is most likely causing ko to freeze and lag. I would recommend upgrading your memory to ddr2 at 666mhz or 800mhz at 1 gig or higher if all else fails.[/b]
    I have the same feeling. This happens with warcraft (vs com) too.

I will give a try with defrag anyway.

Thanks for replies