Ingame/outgame PC lag

This is a discussion on Ingame/outgame PC lag within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well i log KO its all working fine but after like 20 mintures,the game starts to lag(and i dont mean ...
Page: 1

Default Ingame/outgame PC lag

Well i log KO its all working fine but after like 20 mintures,the game starts to lag(and i dont mean internet lag)everything is slow i barely move cant cast skills and when i ALT + TAB my pc is slow as hell too,takes ages to open a browser or winamp,not to mention its hard to type in the browser/ingame etc.and after a few minutes it all goes back to normal,then back to lag after 20-30 mins and so on.I've re instaled windows,cleared the pc from dusts etc,but its still the same,does any1 have any idea ? Im using Windows 7 32 bit/ AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 3600 + ,2.0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT,also all the drivers are up to date.

Lix

ok i had the same problems with myself, so i upgraded to 64bit and add 2gb more to my ram and it works so far very well. 32bit i think is unstable sometimes and u need more memory i can only go 4gb total

I'd have said it would more than likely be a background process is doing something every 20-30 mins and raping your CPU/Memory. But if you've got a fresh install of Windows, it almost certainly isn't that.

If you've got money to spare, would do what the guy above suggested, head to 64bit and up the RAM. I get the same problem on 64bit W7 / 4gb RAM with Firefox. If I leave that on for a crazy amount of time it just snowballs memory, until the point where I have to restart it. Never with KO though :/

The thing i dont get it,its i've had the same pc a long time and i never had this kind of problem before,it started recently,i had XP windows but some crappy one,so i instaled Windows 7,but the problem didnt go away,so i quess its time to spend some money <_<

It's most likely your CPU overheating. Grab some thermal paste, a roll of pennies and make a heatsink, thermal paste the pennies on top of your CPU's heatsink to lure some of the heat away from your processor.

Stack the pennies around 4-5 pennies high, paste them together( each one must have thermal paste on it. ) Then paste it to BOTH your GPU(if you have integrated) and your processors heatsinks.

Next, grab a fan and attach it to the top of your case. With a hole saw, make a hole underneath the fan so the fan can push out hot air.

This should drop the temperatures of your GPU/CPU down by 10 degrees or so( depends if you have good airflow in your case)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    It's most likely your CPU overheating. Grab some thermal paste, a roll of pennies and make a heatsink, thermal paste the pennies on top of your CPU's heatsink to lure some of the heat away from your processor.

Stack the pennies around 4-5 pennies high, paste them together( each one must have thermal paste on it. ) Then paste it to BOTH your GPU(if you have integrated) and your processors heatsinks.

Next, grab a fan and attach it to the top of your case. With a hole saw, make a hole underneath the fan so the fan can push out hot air.

This should drop the temperatures of your GPU/CPU down by 10 degrees or so( depends if you have good airflow in your case)
    Before doing all of the above ^, monitor your CPU temp before/during/after lags. There's loads of programs out there, not sure how many W7 are compatible with, but Speedfan is compatible with it afaik.

Ok i've instaled that program for temperature:
    Fan1: 2885RPM GPU:127 C
    Fan2: 0RPM Temp:from 42 to 49 C
    Fan3: 0RPM Temp:127C
    Fan4: 0 RPM Temp:127C
    Fan5: 0 RPM Core: from 42 to 49 C
    What does that temp tell ? Whats overheating ?Note: those are temp while im playing KO.

Banned for scamming.

that GPU is far too hot,
    install the newest drivers and check if there's any changes.
    also, clean your comp if you haven't opened it up in years.

Quote Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
    Ok i've instaled that program for temperature:
    Fan1: 2885RPM GPU:127 C
    Fan2: 0RPM Temp:from 42 to 49 C
    Fan3: 0RPM Temp:127C
    Fan4: 0 RPM Temp:127C
    Fan5: 0 RPM Core: from 42 to 49 C
    What does that temp tell ? Whats overheating ?Note: those are temp while im playing KO.

You are definitely overheating. Which video card do you have? Grab a can of compressed air and blow out your PC. Then do what I said below.