KO Problem with a Laptop

This is a discussion on KO Problem with a Laptop within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I'm using a borrowed Dell Inspiron 6400 and I get this when I try to launch KO. Anyone know what ...
Page: 1

I'm using a borrowed Dell Inspiron 6400 and I get this when I try to launch KO.

Anyone know what to do, I don't know how to fix this.

mjollner

are you sure it has a d3d compatible card? have you tried reinstalling the gcard and have you downloaded the latest directx?

I don't know what directx that I have on it but it does have directx, its not my laptop so I don't know everything about it.

1 - Download and install me
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/d...2008_redist.exe

2 - Download graphics card drivers and install (or check to make sure the right one is listed under desktop settings)

3 - Type dxdiag, go to display and run the 3 tests.

Job done.

Alternatively, download teamviewer I&#39;ll do it for you >.<

Mixer

Might be ur graphic card drivers,or direct x. Find cd&#39;s you got with the laptop and instal the graphics card drivers.
    Also if you dont have them,google Dell Inspiron 6400 drivers and get them :P

Might be ur graphic card drivers,or direct x. Find cd&#39;s you got with the laptop and instal the graphics card drivers.
    Also if you dont have them,google Dell Inspiron 6400 drivers and get them :P[/b]
    The message is generated when you are missing one (or both) of either the Direct X drivers or Graphics Card drivers.

If you graphics card drivers are there it will be listed when you right click on windows desktop > properties > settings and it will list the card name.

Typing DXDIAG should show the same information, it&#39;s off the top of my head but it&#39;s an easy fix

I&#39;l check it out tomorrow, I don&#39;t go to work untill midnight tomorrow but I am at work right now making this post.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Sounds like it needs a directX update, nothing serious

http://www.microsoft.com/directX

(i&#39;m 90% sure that link will work... if not go to microsoft site -> download center -> search -> directX redistributable -> sort by date -> take the newest)