KO runs insanely fast In a private server.

This is a discussion on KO runs insanely fast In a private server. within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hello, After so much time I've been looking for a solution, I thought you guys may be the only ones ...
Page: 1

ToMuSH

Hello,
    After so much time I've been looking for a solution, I thought you guys may be the only ones who can help me.
    I currently play in a private server, but things aren't as I expected.. I have played on this computer tons of other prv. servers (more then 40), but I did not have this problem in any of them. Generally the problem is this: I open KnightOnline.exe but everything runs insanely fast, including the leafs in the beginning. I press connect and it does, and the char select screen also runs very fast. I log into the game and everything's messed up. I walk somewhere and it runs in a very high speed, more then a GM, then the char comes back to where it originally was, then after less then a minute, BAM! DC! Only a PC restart can fix this, and then if I exit the game I need to restart it again. Sometimes ingame it just suddenly runs fast and DCs after 20 seconds. In short, something very strange is happening here... Anyone know what the hell is this?
    My comp specs, for what it's worth:

AMD Athlon 3800X2
    ZOTAC 9500GT 512MB
    ENERMAX 350W PSU

That's it. Thank you in advance.

try this and let me know if it worked:
    open the task manager (ctrl+alt+del), locate the ko process (right click on "knight online client" -> go to process), right click on the process -> set affinity -> uncheck cpu 1

Trialmod5

Is this a problem with one specific Private Server, or all of Knight Online in general?

ToMuSH

It is with one specific server.
    Yoav, I will update as soon as I try it! Toda =]

Yoav, I can see where you're headed, and I think it would work, BUT: When I click "Set Affinity..." It gives me "access is denied" error. What should I do?
    PS I'm working on an administrative account.

i used to rape the old 1098 private servers with this
    its a dual core thing, for me if i left my comp on overnight then logged into a private server i would get this, but restarting fixes it for like half a day

ToMuSH

But I can't get it to work. "Access denied" here..
    I found this program, CPU Control or something, it seems to work idk.. but still want to know why the Task Manager option does not work.

ILoveYouToo

It doesn't work because you have vista

ToMuSH

It doesn't work because you have vista[/b]
    Well, fuck me in the ass and call me a fagot; cos I use Windows XP Pro SP3.

Any more ideas guys?

you should get "access denied" only if the admin account blocked your access... weird

Sergeant Senior Member AlwaysDown's Avatar

the same thing happen to me but it just dissapeard after a while

ToMuSH

you should get "access denied" only if the admin account blocked your access... weird [/b]
    Uhmm.. I'm the computer admin, as shown in the User Accounts in Control Panel. Weird... :\