Problems after new X-trap

This is a discussion on Problems after new X-trap within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; When i updated x-trap, PC restarting automaticly, dupming memory ... any1 help me pls i want to play KO !!! ...
Page: 1

necko1992

Thumbs down

When i updated x-trap, PC restarting automaticly, dupming memory ... any1 help me pls i want to play KO !!!
    msg me on MSN pls ... ( [email protected] ) ... K2 FIX THAT PLSS

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

While a few members of K2 staff do read this board, it's not an official support forum, so you should also send a ticket to K2 from the official site, or try asking for help on the official forums in the X-Trap section.

First thing to try is to rename the Xtrap folder. C:\Program Files\Knight Online\Xtrap -> C:\Program Files\Knight Online\XTrapOld

Then when you restart the game it will re-download the whole Xtrap component from scratch. This might help if you had a corrupt download causing the crash.

You might also try disabling firewall / anti-virus / anti-spyware while you start the game, then re-enable them once it's loaded. This type of application can get fussy about Xtrap because of the way it loads.

If you open the dump file into notepad and search for the word "STOP" see if there is a listed error in there. Sometimes it gives a file name which is causing the crash, which if it is a driver file, you might want to try looking for newer drivers.