Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

KO on virtual machine.

This is a discussion on KO on virtual machine. within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; is this a way to load more then 1 ko game on 1 pc ?[/b] yes I can play KO ...
Page: 2

Banned

is this a way to load more then 1 ko game on 1 pc ?[/b]
    yes
    I can play KO on virtual machine, all you have to do is to change configuration file of your virtual machine - can be easily found on google, but when you try to start KO on host computer - everything crushes. In oooolld days there were a sollution to run 2 KO clients on 1 computer, there was something with changeing the name of laucnher process so xtrap did not know that you actually run 2 KO instances. Tommorow I'll do some tests, maybe I menage to do it. If any1 has any ideas what shold be done please write in this subject.[/b]
    wrong.you had to disable xtrap an dhex the knightonline.exe's window name

Ok but when I play on 1 computer, but what if I start a virtual machine and I start KO there? VM has its own registry so it should not be a problem to run 2 KO's.

Banned Senior Member

use vmware :P enable directx and lagg for life :P you need
    3 gigs of memory to play normal i think ^^

Banned

3 gigs of memory to play normal i think ^^[/b]
    i aint lag with 1024 corsair B)

Banned Senior Member

my screen is small i have to scroll to see my hp or inventory button?
    how can i fix this?

cerebus

Ok but when I play on 1 computer, but what if I start a virtual machine and I start KO there? VM has its own registry so it should not be a problem to run 2 KO's.[/b]
    The problem is xtrap crashes the host computer or vmware simply wont start - depending on order of launch, because of how vmware allocates its resources I guess.

3 gigs of memory to play normal i think ^^[/b]
    2 gigs is enough if you close down unnecesarry applications. The main problem seems to be the speed of vmwares virtual graphics card rather than ram.

my screen is small i have to scroll to see my hp or inventory button?
    how can i fix this?[/b]
    Maybe dragging the ko window you can't see title bar of the window will help. You could running the virtual OS in fullscreen mode or increase host os screen resolution/decrease virtual.

So is there a way to bypass xtrap, so I can play on vm and comp at one time?

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

So is there a way to bypass xtrap, so I can play on vm and comp at one time?[/b]
    "bypassing xtrap" is a kinda "illegal" topic of conversation on this site, cos it would allow all sorts of hacks and cheats to run.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12