Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

KO & Vista SP1

This is a discussion on KO & Vista SP1 within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I have installed Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (x64 architecture, Vista Ultimate), after todays Xtrap update I got this message...
Page: 1

exot

I have installed Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (x64 architecture, Vista Ultimate), after todays Xtrap update I got this message

Banned

search in google "optimize windows vista" and look for what services u can disable coz they are useless.. it will fix 99% of your problem and speedup your pc.

i can guess something wrong with a firewall or antivirus

exot

search in google "optimize windows vista" and look for what services u can disable coz they are useless.. it will fix 99% of your problem and speedup your pc.

i can guess something wrong with a firewall or antivirus[/b]
    LoL this is not answer... I have everything all right with my Vista, Im not noob. Its not FW problem, It appears after fcking SP1 installation. I wanted SP1 cause my overal performance of KO lowed after going from XP to Vista

Banned

mate i just tried help u... anyway when u install the SP1 it set and install new services.. if first all was fine and now isnt then im sure is for SP1.. maybe some key in register or services not compatible

use search or look in tech support... wrong section here

exot

ya, youre right, plz move to right section.. I'll try to find new services but I dont think that will correct this problem

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

click then right click run as adminstrator and ur good to go

exot

click then right click run as adminstrator and ur good to go[/b]
    hehe you are like customer support, sorry but I'm really not noob. I have disabled those stupidities, everything is running in administrator mode

the English one Senior Member Turbanator's Avatar

Might be the Fact that Service Pack 1 is still in Beta? And we all knows Windows is buggy In many ways in beta...

exot

Might be the Fact that Service Pack 1 is still in Beta? And we all knows Windows is buggy In many ways in beta...[/b]
    damn so NOBODY install SP1 on vista... take my advice seriously, I tried everything... im wainting for resolution from K2 side (submit ticket)

evilwevel

probably X-trap that needs patching.

exot

probably X-trap that needs patching.[/b]
    I hope they will soon find out that problem like this exists.. agrrhhh.. I was searching google and nothing. Who else have this problem ? Is it my false or nobody installed SP1 on vista ?

the English one Senior Member Turbanator's Avatar

To be honest with you I would have Installed SP1, (its still in beta As far as i can see no Offical Release) um Unintall it if you Can Or Format would be your best bet, Xtrap will not be updated until SP1 is a Legit Release even Then id suggest not to Instal Sp1 till Atleast 1 month after Full Release.

jlacroix

I had the RC1 version installed KO would not run at all, xtrap would keep giving me same error you experience. The only way to solve it is to uninstall SP1

To uninstall SP1 just go into control panel - programs - programs and features - installed updates. I don't recall the update that SP1 was off the top of my head. If you need help identifying it let me know.

exot

heh thanks for help, i uniinstalled it and it is working (not like in XP, vista slows KO down at my computer about 30%..)..
    you're right its good to install if after some time (also sure when'll be final version)

btw.. like i said im not noob i known how to uniinstall it im windows user from 3.1 version

Might be the Fact that Service Pack 1 is still in Beta? And we all knows Windows is buggy In many ways in beta...[/b]
    ERm, Windows Official Software / Updates are Filled with many bugs, meaning Beta would be like.... 12398120381092381083131x as many

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast